Photo

"beachy" music

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#71 Jesdinan

Jesdinan
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:13 PM

What a great thread! There are some awesome ideas here and some songs I don't know if I have ever heard. When I get home from work today, I am going to listen to them all!

#72 bumbles

bumbles
    • 574 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mel&B
      Since there are so many Jason Mraz fans out there, also try listening to Tristan Prettyman. I like to call her the "female Jack Johnson." She's a surfer girl from San Diego and her music rocks! I love it!

Thanks for the recommendation! She's awesome!

#73 bumbles

bumbles
      • 574 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:39 PM

Donavon Frankenreiter - Free

He's great!

#74 bermygurl

bermygurl
        • 37 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

Beres Hammond has beautiful reggae love songs.

#75 destination

destination
          • 215 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:11 PM

LOVE this thread!!! Keep it coming girls. My FI really wants to include loving in my baby's eyes by taj mahal.

also this is so nerdy, but I love the Juno soundtrack. Its so fun and cute, kinda goofy like us
            Love Ribbon in the Sky! A friend used all Stevie songs at her wedding a few years back, it was nice.

I added a few more songs to the list above. I'm curious what song Tara picked, maybe she'll see this and let us know!
            I am Stevie obsessed. This is such a great idea, if only I could sneak it past FI aka musical knowitall. LOL. I guess I did put him in charge, so no Stevie Wonder musicfest
            We are using all songs by The Beatles. I'm walking down the aisle to "Do You Want to Know a Secret". I love the Stevie Wonder idea too!
            We both love the beatles, and the choices are almost as endless as stevie wonder!
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mel&B
            Since there are so many Jason Mraz fans out there, also try listening to Tristan Prettyman. I like to call her the "female Jack Johnson." She's a surfer girl from San Diego and her music rocks! I love it!
            I like her style. Any songs in particular you recommend?
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Erika J
            I KNOW!! Citizen Cope is the best. He mix of rock, blues and reggae feels totally beachy.

I have only seem him in concert 1 time ( this summer) but I was an outdoor show and I was super far away, I am totally jealous that you got to see him so close.

Kat- Someone in my office used the Charlie Brown song as a processional and it took people a few seconds to recognize it but then when they did it was all smiles and laughing and people talked about it the whole night.
            How cute for my last day as a Brown. How about Mrs. Brown youve got a lovely daughter one last time while I'm still a brown? LOL way cheesy I know
            Ok, done hijacking sorry ladies!

#76 destination

destination
            • 215 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

The song from juno is called All I want is you

#77 bumbles

bumbles
              • 574 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:37 PM

This site is great for sampling songs: Last.fm - Listen to free music with internet radio and the largest music catalogue online

#78 Kara&Ryan

Kara&Ryan
                • 44 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:40 AM

Great info everyone!!!
                  [SIGPIC]Kara & Ryan
                  May 20, 2009
                  Iberostar Rose Hall Beach
                  Jamaica[/SIGPIC]

#79 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
                  • 438 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:29 AM

Donavon Frankenreiter- Lovely Day
                    *Katie*

#80 bumbles

bumbles
                    • 574 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:20 AM

There is an intrumental version of "I'm Yours" on iTunes by the Guitar Tribute Players. We're using it for the wedding party's procession. It's great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users