Photo

"beachy" music

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#51 meagendu4

meagendu4
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

We're using 311-Love Song. It's kinda beachy and kinda rock. We both love it though

#52 volley7878

volley7878
    • 61 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:32 PM

Tommy Knox "love of my life"

John Hiatt "have a little faith in me"

#53 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:24 PM

Citizen Cope "if there's love"

#54 chicklet

chicklet
        • 718 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:14 PM

We are using Kokomo by the beach boys *lol* thought we would give everyone a chuckle :)

#55 michaelwachniak

michaelwachniak
          • 271 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:54 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by volley7878
            John Hiatt "have a little faith in me"
            ooooh I TOTALLY forgot about that song!! I used it in a slideshow for one of my first wedding clients and even *I* bawled my eyes out!!!! Such a perfect song!!

my votes for 'beachy music' to walk out are:

Bedouin Soundclash - When The Night Feels My Song
            Jack Johnson - Upside Down

#56 Bridget810

Bridget810
            • 168 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:40 AM

First of all-- Erika, I can't believe I found another Citizen Cope fan! He is freakin' amazing! !!! He grabbed my hand when I saw him last in concert, and I didn't wash it for two days....hmmmm... maybe I shouldn't have admitted that! That should probably go in the "Confessions" thread. :)

Secondly, I'm debating on which song to use for my recessional too. We're having a pianist do the ceremony, so that limits the songs I would've chosen. I would've like liked the instrumental version of "Bittersweet Symphony" otherwise. So far, I'm leaning toward "Joy to the World" by 3 Dog Night (NOT the Christmas Song!!). Though I would certainly welcome other suggestions.

However, to the original poster, if you are doing a CD or DJ, I think "Beautiful Day" by U2 would be great, as would "Bittersweet Symphony" (Instrumental) . However, it entirely depends on your taste of music! Though I guess neither are really that beachy... so I agree with the other posters about the "Somewhere over the rainbow" song from 50 First Dates (that's what I"m having my bridesmaids walk down the aisle to), or any of the Beach Boys songs. Good luck!!!

#57 katken

katken
              • 268 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:20 AM

I'm struggling with the processional song. I want it to be upbeat and fun and a song that everyone knows and smiles when they hear. Any suggestions?

#58 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,569 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:32 PM

I KNOW!! Citizen Cope is the best. He mix of rock, blues and reggae feels totally beachy.

I have only seem him in concert 1 time ( this summer) but I was an outdoor show and I was super far away, I am totally jealous that you got to see him so close.

Kat- Someone in my office used the Charlie Brown song as a processional and it took people a few seconds to recognize it but then when they did it was all smiles and laughing and people talked about it the whole night.

#59 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
                  • 382 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

Lauren Wood-Fallen I am a huge Pretty Woman fan and LOVE this song. From this post I have compiled a very long list of music that I have to go through!!

Thanks so much!

#60 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

We picked (well....FI actually did when he shot down all my other suggestions!) Baby I love your way by Bob Marley for the recessional. I love it!!! And the fact that he participated is so exciting to me!!! We are still up in the air about the processional, the signing of the register is going to be we are man & wife by Michelle Featherstone and our first dance (done immediately after the ceremony) will be Steady as we go by Dave Matthews Band. Thanks for all the suggestions ladies...I will be going through my newly made list after work today to try & narrow down the processional!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users