We are having a very untraditional wedding. I am in a knee length dress and everyone else is in boardshorts. I have 2 guys on my side and my FI has his brother and little sister. I always knew I wanted a knee length dress but I was unable to find one without all the lace and what-not. I ended up buying a bridemaids dress in white and had it shortened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girasole View Post
Here is a link to the picture of the dress. It's pretty simple but has some beading on the straps. I think with this being a 2nd wedding for both of us it will work.

David's Bridal - Short chiffon gown featuring empire bodice with shirring details and beaded straps
I think the dress is really lovely - its not really that short its just that everyone 'expects' a bride to wear a long flowing dress - if you feel comfortable in your dress you go for it - its your day after all and you want to feel special especially if you feel comfortable in what you are wearing you will feel more confident. I say go for it!!

Oh I just wanted to say, anyone who wants the short/vintage look but doesn't have a big budget should check out the dresses on unique vintage. They're quite beautiful and I would have gotten one myself had I not seem them AFTER I ordered mine!