Sand Ceremony/Unity Candle/Other?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

• VIP Member
  • 931 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:33 AM

Which are you doing ?

We're going with "Other" - I am having a cross similar to this one made (I am waiting on a quote right now from a sculptor and will be happy to provide pricing once I know).

Click the image to open in full size.

The two sides slip into eachother. I actually saw this on Jessica Claire's blog so I give credit to her.

Anyhow, it seems like a nice way to have some religious symbolism, and additionally I like that it's a piece of art that we can display in our home after the wedding. And possibly can be passed to our children or they can use it in their wedding? Who knows....

#2 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:54 PM

we just said our vows and had a tattooed buddhist officiate.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:14 PM

What a great idea about the cross, I think it would be a great touch to those (myself included) that are having a legal wedding in Cabo. Where are you ordering it from, if you don't mind me asking?

#4 NABUMBAH

• VIP Member
      • 931 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:16 PM

Tammy I am working with a company in Alaska right now on the design. I will give you more info once I have have more info :)

#5 TOESNTHESND

• 486 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:32 PM

The cross is very cool, and adds a nice personal touch.

#6 Jennifer

• 218 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:44 PM

We had a sand ceremony. Several people who watched out DVD were like what is that? I thought it turned out well.

#7 Tanya

• 25 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:42 AM

I always thought sand was the coolest feature for destination weddings. How do you keep that candle going out on the beach?

#8 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:59 AM

I would like to do something symbolic like the sand ceremony...haven't really gotten into it yet. My FI has 2 sons that I would like to include in whatever we decide to do.

#9 NABUMBAH

• VIP Member
                • 931 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 07:35 PM

a girl on my local knot board used a photo frame with a floating photo similar to this one:

they used a epic for the photo, and poured the sand around it.

C&B also has this decanter in their outlet that you may be able to use for the sand ceremony - it's only $15.95

#10 SASSYGIRL

• 1,188 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:38 AM

I like the idea of using a photo and frame for the sand ceremony - please explain more....or if you have pictures of her end result that would be awesome too!

My FI has 2 kids too and that would work great!
                    Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users