Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#61 blondy

blondy
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:12 PM

Thanks mrs d to be!
    We're getting married at Moon Palace Cancun on April 8, 2011!

#62 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
    • 394 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:24 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mrs D To Be!
      Hi all you lovely and very lucky palace brides-to-bes!

I got married at MP recently, and now its all over, I know I won't be using this site as much I will still come on and be nosey at peoples weddings for old times sake, but I have nothing left to plan now

So, I didn't see the point in letting all my points go to waste...so I've given you all a wee donation. I know how hard it is when your a "noob" on here, trying to open attachments etc and getting hit with messages telling you don't have enough points...so hopefully you all have enough now! Spend wisely!hehe
      Thank you!

#63 acallihan

acallihan
      • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:02 AM

Hey guys! I am a MP Bride too. June 9th 2011.. is my date. I found this website and I am already addicted. I went through destinationweddings.com I have been really pleased with them thus far. They are also rated an A plus with the BBA....which made me feel a little better about it. I was going to pick the saphaire package too...but decided to do everything ala carte...as I read the reviews and did more research I found out that I could still have everything I wanted and not pay that much...

#64 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
        • 899 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

I'm looking at this resort for late April/Early May 2011 ~ SOOO excited!!

#65 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
          • 899 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

acallihan,

I am using DW as well. :o) Glad to see your comment about the pricing. If you wouldn't mind sharing what you've come up with so far, that would be so amazing.

I want to make up my indecisive mind, so I can book and start focusing on the fun stuff!

Thanks so much,
            Tisha

#66 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
            • 899 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by evaleen
              Ladies booking under a Palace Resort membership:

Have you ladies gotten any rates yet? I keep asking my contact in Miami for exact figures or quotes, and she has yet to get back to me. I just wanted to see if anyone else had gotten any solid rates.
              Evaleen, I was having trouble finding rates as well, but orbitz has them!

#67 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
              • 394 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:46 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by acallihan
                Hey guys! I am a MP Bride too. June 9th 2011.. is my date. I found this website and I am already addicted. I went through destinationweddings.com I have been really pleased with them thus far. They are also rated an A plus with the BBA....which made me feel a little better about it. I was going to pick the saphaire package too...but decided to do everything ala carte...as I read the reviews and did more research I found out that I could still have everything I wanted and not pay that much...
                We will be there at the same time! Yaayyyyy!!!

#68 Ravywedding

Ravywedding
                • 183 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

Ok ladies, not sure if anyone else is still grappling with this, but I was trying to find out which booking venue would give me the lowest guest rates. Melissa (WC) of Miami quoted the following for 4/4/11

Room Category: Deluxe- Resort View**
                  Single $344 (1 adult) per person/ per night
                  Double $192 (2 adults) per person/ per night
                  Triple $185 (3 adults) per person/ per night
                  Quad $177 (4 adults) per person/ per night
                  Children $54 per child, per night when sharing room with parents ages 4-17.
                  Deluxe room category is based upon availability. You must notify and confirm with your Wedding Sales Executive the number of rooms available in the category.

Room Category: Superior Deluxe Suite
                  Single $440 (1 adult) per person/ per night
                  Double $240 (2 adults) per person/ per night
                  Triple $231 (3 adults) per person/ per night
                  Quad $221 (4 adults) per person/ per night
                  Children $54 per child, per night when sharing room with parents ages 4-17.
                  Maximum 4 people per room including children
                  Is this similar to rates others have been given?

Second option was going through RCI Palace Resorts wedding. They usually charge $150/$200 for RCI members, if you book 5-30 rooms. On top of that, you have to pay a mandatory "all-inclusive fee" $2,000/wk and some change. Basically, the only reason an RCI would be a good deal is if you book 30 or more rooms then the RCI member (and only member, no deal for bride-groom) get a week free, they still have to pay the all-inclusive fee.
                  Destination Weddings has not given me rates, but they said they can match it. I think Southern Sweetie said they give extra upgrades and deals...don't know if any other brides have found something similar?
                  Hope this helps.

#69 damitAPRILurCOOL

damitAPRILurCOOL
                  • 49 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:29 PM

Hi! I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but I was going through a similar issue trying to get the best guest rates that I could. I contacted a travel agent I had used before (for a previous trip I booked through her) and she provided me with the rates she was able to get at the resort. When I contacted Moon Palace, the WC in Miami gave me a little higher rate and I was actually able to negotiate getting the same rate that the travel agent provided. I just figured it was easier to go through Moon Palace's group contract because they provide me with a link that my guests can use to book their accommodations. Some people find that dealing with a travel agent is easier, so I don't know.. all personal preference I guess.

The rates I got from the travel agent was: "Deluxe Resort View" prices at $184.00 per person per night based on double room occupancy for January 4 - April 30, 2011. For May 1 - Aug. 20, 2011 rates drop to $154.00 per person per night and Aug. 21 - Dec. 23, 2011 - $148.00 per person per night double."

#70 stephanie03

stephanie03
                    • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:24 PM

Hi Everyone! I've finally confirmed the date! Feb 23rd 2011. Anybody else getting married at Moon Palace that day? Biggest issue so far is photography. Would anybody be interested in sharing a photographer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users