Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#1381 aholen

aholen
  • Site Supporter
  • 101 posts

    Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

    I have Kalena too and communication has been terrible! We get married on June 12. At first, it took 3 emails, 2 phone calls, 2 emails from the Miami coordinator, a call or two from my TA AND a negative post on Facebook to get a response after almost 3 weeks. It improved after that, but now, I've been waiting over 2 weeks again and have used all these avenues except Miami, and still no response. GRRRRR! I hear she's great on site, but seriously!!

     

    I don't even want to go into that many details, I just need info on booking group excursions and table sizes so I can buy linens and not pay their ridiculous rental prices. I am super frustrated with MP right now!
     

    Originally Posted by Terpgurl 


    Boo, that sucks! Too bad we won't be there at the same time.

     

    My WC is Kalena. I hope to hear from her soon b/c I added another table and made some changes to the room setup and I just want to know that its ok with her. I mean even if I don't hear from her I am sure it will be fine b/c I got most of my plans done. I just like to have everything documented and planned ahead of time. I really need to stop worrying.
     



     



     



    #1382 SChica927

    SChica927
    • Jr. Member
    • 230 posts

      Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

      I hear that the round tables at MP are 72" diameter... good luck!
       

      Originally Posted by aholen 

      I have Kalena too and communication has been terrible! We get married on June 12. At first, it took 3 emails, 2 phone calls, 2 emails from the Miami coordinator, a call or two from my TA AND a negative post on Facebook to get a response after almost 3 weeks. It improved after that, but now, I've been waiting over 2 weeks again and have used all these avenues except Miami, and still no response. GRRRRR! I hear she's great on site, but seriously!!

       

      I don't even want to go into that many details, I just need info on booking group excursions and table sizes so I can buy linens and not pay their ridiculous rental prices. I am super frustrated with MP right now!
       



       



       



      #1383 SChica927

      SChica927
      • Jr. Member
      • 230 posts

        Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

        Good luck! Can't wait to read all about it!!
         

        Originally Posted by msredd3129 

        Hi ladies, I havent been too active on the forum lately but we leave for our Moon palace wedding in the am. I am trying to finish my planning thread tonight and post it. I will hopefully come back with a wealth of info for you ladies.

         



         



        #1384 aholen

        aholen
        • Site Supporter
        • 101 posts

          Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:06 PM


          Awesome, thanks! Does anyone know how big the rectangular tables are? We will have one of those as well....

           

           

          Originally Posted by SChica927 

          I hear that the round tables at MP are 72" diameter... good luck!
           



           



           



          #1385 Amara3CUS

          Amara3CUS
          • Jr. Member
          • 300 posts

            Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:43 PM



            wooo hooo congrats!

            Originally Posted by msredd3129 

            Hi ladies, I havent been too active on the forum lately but we leave for our Moon palace wedding in the am. I am trying to finish my planning thread tonight and post it. I will hopefully come back with a wealth of info for you ladies.

             



             



            #1386 Terpgurl

            Terpgurl
            • Jr. Member
            • 164 posts

              Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:51 AM

              Aholen, I called Kalena yesterday and they said she was busy. I said she doesn't need to call me back, just reply to my email! Another bride on here is getting married this week and she emailed me yesterday from Mexico and said that Kalena is that wonderful so don't worry. I am trying not to but I'll keep you posted if I have any luck getting ahold of her.


              As for the group excursions, I heard we can't book those till we arrive if we plan on using the vacation dollars.

               

              FYI regarding golf- One of my guests asked the resort if they needed golf shoes. The resort said you can wear tennis shoes or golf shoes so if guests don't want to rent shoes, they don't have to as long as they have sneakers.
               

              Originally Posted by aholen 

              I have Kalena too and communication has been terrible! We get married on June 12. At first, it took 3 emails, 2 phone calls, 2 emails from the Miami coordinator, a call or two from my TA AND a negative post on Facebook to get a response after almost 3 weeks. It improved after that, but now, I've been waiting over 2 weeks again and have used all these avenues except Miami, and still no response. GRRRRR! I hear she's great on site, but seriously!!

               

              I don't even want to go into that many details, I just need info on booking group excursions and table sizes so I can buy linens and not pay their ridiculous rental prices. I am super frustrated with MP right now!
               



               



               


              May 29th, 2011
              Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

              #1387 beatyea

              beatyea
              • Jr. Member
              • 288 posts

                Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:20 AM

                Thanks for the info!  So they normally deduct the extras from the balance from the comped nights or do you have to ask for them to do this?

                 

                Originally Posted by alison15 

                We spent 5 days at Moon Palace and then transferred over for 2 nights for a mini-moon at Le Blanc and even though they are all Palace resorts, your time does not transfer over.  We still had a large chunk of our Palace Rewards money left and they would not budge and since we were only at Le Blanc for 2 nights it wasn't enough to get any rewards there.

                 

                Our refund did not come back until about 2 weeks after the wedding.  What was left of it anyway.  They basically set up a credit balance and then deducted money from it for things like flowers, day passes, audio, deco cancun, etc.  So there really wasn't much left.  If you want the payment to be separate make sure you notify them that you want to pay for those things and you do not want it coming out of the credit balance.

                 

                Le Blanc is also a lot more per night than MP.  MP is very very nice but Le Blanc make MP seem like a Days Inn. It was almost uncomfortable b/c it was so nice.  We left clothes laying out and the butler had folded all of them, including our underwear.  I felt like a huge jerk, I never would have made someone do that!  However, leaving the resort where all the friends and family were staying was a great decision!  We had a honeymoon planned in Europe a month later so we knew we would have time together.  At first we weren't sure if we wanted to leave everyone but after we got to Le Blanc it was so worth it, just to be able to relax.  I highly recommend not staying with guests.

                 

                You might be able to work something out through a comparable resort like Beach Palace or Cancun Palace but from my experience they view Le Blanc as a separate resort.  Nothing transfers between them.  It was separate payment and no credit carry over.



                 



                #1388 Terpgurl

                Terpgurl
                • Jr. Member
                • 164 posts

                  Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:46 AM

                  For anyone that's been to the MP, my drunk friends would like to know what type of alcohol they have. Like do they have top shelf stuff available?


                  May 29th, 2011
                  Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

                  #1389 SChica927

                  SChica927
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 230 posts

                    Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

                    They have Absolut, Black Label, Bacardi etc (at that level).. they don't get into Grey Goose, etc. And FYI -- here's a pic of the mini-bar that comes in all of the rooms, 4 bottles of liquor!

                     



                    For anyone that's been to the MP, my drunk friends would like to know what type of alcohol they have. Like do they have top shelf stuff available?



                     



                    #1390 Terpgurl

                    Terpgurl
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 164 posts

                      Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:21 AM


                      Thanks SChica! So they have black label? My friends hubby will be very excited!

                      Originally Posted by SChica927 

                      They have Absolut, Black Label, Bacardi etc (at that level).. they don't get into Grey Goose, etc. And FYI -- here's a pic of the mini-bar that comes in all of the rooms, 4 bottles of liquor!

                       

                      Picture 180.jpg

                       



                       



                       


                      May 29th, 2011
                      Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users