Jump to content

Photo

November 2010 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

#361 StephAli

StephAli
  • Newbie
  • 120 posts

    Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:03 AM

    Boo,

    Dont worry!! Im sure that things like this happen a lot. What did they tell you at your fitting? I'm sure that they will be able to bring it in no problem. They are professionals and do things like this all the time. I'm crossing my fingers for you!!!

    Ps. Definitely stressing out and trying to get things done in the next wk (ie. buy rings, order wedding favours, and finish up some sm details). I start a new job next week, so I want to have pretty much everything set and ready to go! Also getting nervous because they dont know I need a wk off in november!! lol...



    #362 JanineA

    JanineA
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,482 posts

      Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:32 AM

      For workouts I let my hubby build me a program which changes once a month (he is the strength & conditioning coach for the US Olympic Sail team so he is great at that stuff). Tuesdays I add in yoga and every Sunday we take bike rides together or play tennis. Thats been my regimen. I have 7 lbs left to gain before the big day. 



      #363 MysTea

      MysTea
      • Member
      • 559 posts

        Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:24 PM



        Originally Posted by JanineA 

        For workouts I let my hubby build me a program which changes once a month (he is the strength & conditioning coach for the US Olympic Sail team so he is great at that stuff). Tuesdays I add in yoga and every Sunday we take bike rides together or play tennis. Thats been my regimen. I have 7 lbs left to gain before the big day. 


        7 lbs left to GAIN?! most of Us are trying to LOOSE!!!!! Lol...smh.


        **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

        #364 OceanWonderland

        OceanWonderland
        • Jr. Member
        • 177 posts

          Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:30 PM

          Yeah, no kidding. I've never heard of a bride trying to GAIN weight before the big day.

           

          I just went in for my 2nd wedding dress alterations meeting and it's only been 2 weeks and my lady said "have you lost weight? the corset back is getting tighter on you. you better not lose 5 lb or we'll have to do more alterations"

           

          uh oh! my goal was to lose 3-5 lbs and tone up everywhere. if i lost enough weight for her to notice in 2 weeks, i can't imagine what the next 10 weeks is gonna do to me.  it's one of those moments where you're like "shit!" but happy at the same time. i hope the dress won't need any more alterations in the next month, i was hoping to spend less than $200!!


          Leslie and Aaron ~ Dreams Tulum ~ November 15, 2010
          Our wedding slideshow from the amazing William Sanchez: http://www.williamsa...aron/slideshow/
          And our TTD session (William Sanchez and Ivan Luckie): http://www.williamsa...slie aaron/ttd/

          #365 MysTea

          MysTea
          • Member
          • 559 posts

            Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:53 AM



            Originally Posted by OceanWonderland 

            Yeah, no kidding. I've never heard of a bride trying to GAIN weight before the big day.

             

            I just went in for my 2nd wedding dress alterations meeting and it's only been 2 weeks and my lady said "have you lost weight? the corset back is getting tighter on you. you better not lose 5 lb or we'll have to do more alterations"

             

            uh oh! my goal was to lose 3-5 lbs and tone up everywhere. if i lost enough weight for her to notice in 2 weeks, i can't imagine what the next 10 weeks is gonna do to me.  it's one of those moments where you're like "shit!" but happy at the same time. i hope the dress won't need any more alterations in the next month, i was hoping to spend less than $200!!


            $200?! is that how much flipping alterations cost?! I might as well get another dress if im gonna spend that much...I cant imagine how much it will cost me because I have to get my dress " taken Out" to accomodate my fast growing baby bump! Sheeesh! thats where they get you with the crazy alterations....


            **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

            #366 JanineA

            JanineA
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,482 posts

              Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:17 AM

              I know I am not in the same boat as most women, I am the complete opposite. I have a very fast metabolism and slightly overactive thyriod. Could take medication to slow it all down but then the effects are irreversible, so I have a high carb, high protein diet and I have to work out constantly to keep muscle on me. 

              How come alterations are so expensive.....my alterations were free with the purchase of my dress. These damn wedding salons. Man weddings are a big business I tell you. I'm helping a friend plan her wedding in San Fran and let me tell you it is expensive out there and from the time you mention wedding everyone gets dollar signs in their eyes.....lol! MysTea how is the baby coming? Do you know the sex yet?



              #367 MysTea

              MysTea
              • Member
              • 559 posts

                Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:43 PM

                These bridal shops always try and find a way to tack a fee on...Ugh!

                 

                LoL. Girl I am still in my first trimester...I wont know the sex until I come back from DR. ( and trust me I will post a big..."ITS A ______"  when I find out) lol. But im doing good. I had a US on Monday and the baby looks like a little gummy bear...so cute..Im excited!

                 

                 

                Ugh but on a side note Fi is annoying me!!!! and this is not the time...For some reason I keep going back and forth on whether I want the ceremony on the beach or at the resorts Gazebo.... I have been debating this for a while...The Gazebo is more private but I always liked the beach backdrop of weddings...

                 

                I ask him things and all he has to say is '"T....it doesn't matter to me" he never has an opinion..its good and BAD because I really would like his input sometimes...But on the other hand I can always do what I want and he will be ok with it....

                 

                I feel like pokeing him in the eye!


                **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

                #368 NikkiT.

                NikkiT.
                • Newbie
                • 106 posts

                  Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:19 AM

                  T.,

                  I just wanted to tell you that you are hilarious!  I don't post a lot on this particular thread, but I check in every now and then just to get a good laugh....and I thank you!!!!  My wedding is November 22, 2010 and I wish you and all of the other November brides the best!!!!!

                   

                  Nikki



                  #369 MysTea

                  MysTea
                  • Member
                  • 559 posts

                    Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:06 PM



                    Originally Posted by NikkiT. 

                    T.,

                    I just wanted to tell you that you are hilarious!  I don't post a lot on this particular thread, but I check in every now and then just to get a good laugh....and I thank you!!!!  My wedding is November 22, 2010 and I wish you and all of the other November brides the best!!!!!

                     

                    Nikki


                    LOL..Why Thank U Nikki My love! Its all I have right now is to laugh cause I really like pulling my hair out sometimes....well whatever I can catch cause its not that much..( Who told me to cut my hair?!!)..

                     

                    But anywho... THANKS BOO!! AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE REST OF YOUR PLANNING!!!


                    **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

                    #370 JanineA

                    JanineA
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,482 posts

                      Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:24 AM

                      Where are my November brides...................this thread has been quiet. Where in hell is Nicedeb?!? She is totally MIA.....I miss her. MysTea girl, where you at? Ladies check in...where are you at? Who is annoying you the most in the planning process? Do you have everything in place? Are you cool like a cucumber or frazzled out of your mind. Come on ladies I wanna hear from everyone. 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users