November 2010 Brides

ktnicole

Boo I totally understand you feeling blah. Welcome to my club I have been feeling blah for the last month or so.....just too much stress from everyone. I am literally ready to just show up......thats it! Not to plan any more nothing just show up. MysTea knows some of my hell. Anyway, within the last day or two I have decided to just pull myself together. No one or thing is going to spoil this for me. I deserve to be happy right now planning and I am not going to let overbearing family or nonchalant friends rain on my parade. Every time someone tries to annoy me I just say "listen I have to go I have too much stuff to do". In fact my mom recently said "I haven't even had a chance to tell you how I feel about everything and some things I think you should change". I very flatly replied in my sweetest voice "yes I know I am so sorry I have just been so bombarded by 39 other people sharing what they think I should do too....I promise I will call you tonight and we will talk all about it". I think she was so taken a back and didn't realize just how much everyone puts in their piece that by the time I called her back she had nothing to say.....which is great cause we are paying for our own wedding. Boo your wedding should be the happiest time of your life. DO NOT LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR JOY!!!! CAUSE YOU DON'T GET IT BACK!! Ignore the outside forces (if it is ppl talking in your ear...if its deeper than that, well I hope you guys can work through it and sit back and enjoy some part of the planning process). PM me if you ever need to talk girl, we are all here to support each other. 

Giraffexx I recently got into to running. I run probably only twice a week. Usually I bike ride on evenings then hit the gym (except Tuesdays when I bike ride then head to yoga). Never tried pilates though I think next year I will take it up. I've heard its fun.

Mimi73 what color did you dye your hair?

MysTea.....Whatup shawty???/ LOL! Hugs and Kisses!

NOW EVERYONE GET GOIN'! 

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by JanineA View Post

Boo I totally understand you feeling blah. Welcome to my club I have been feeling blah for the last month or so.....just too much stress from everyone. I am literally ready to just show up......thats it! Not to plan any more nothing just show up. MysTea knows some of my hell. Anyway, within the last day or two I have decided to just pull myself together. No one or thing is going to spoil this for me. I deserve to be happy right now planning and I am not going to let overbearing family or nonchalant friends rain on my parade. Every time someone tries to annoy me I just say "listen I have to go I have too much stuff to do". In fact my mom recently said "I haven't even had a chance to tell you how I feel about everything and some things I think you should change". I very flatly replied in my sweetest voice "yes I know I am so sorry I have just been so bombarded by 39 other people sharing what they think I should do too....I promise I will call you tonight and we will talk all about it". I think she was so taken a back and didn't realize just how much everyone puts in their piece that by the time I called her back she had nothing to say.....which is great cause we are paying for our own wedding. Boo your wedding should be the happiest time of your life. DO NOT LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR JOY!!!! CAUSE YOU DON'T GET IT BACK!! Ignore the outside forces (if it is ppl talking in your ear...if its deeper than that, well I hope you guys can work through it and sit back and enjoy some part of the planning process). PM me if you ever need to talk girl, we are all here to support each other. 

Giraffexx I recently got into to running. I run probably only twice a week. Usually I bike ride on evenings then hit the gym (except Tuesdays when I bike ride then head to yoga). Never tried pilates though I think next year I will take it up. I've heard its fun.

NOW EVERYONE GET GOIN'! 

hug2.gif

good for you on the running! 

Originally Posted by JanineA View Post

NOW EVERYONE GET GOIN'! 

I am new here.  Just wanted to share... Getting married on November 10, 2010 in Punta Cana.  I confirmed with Majestic Colonial for ceremony in the Gazebo but found out about the Jellyfish Restaurant down there and am now debating.... I need to hurry and make final decision soon... I am torn.huh.gif

why....HEEEELLLLOOOO ladies!!! pahteez heeeeerrr!  (thats my snookie impersonation, sorry im a jersey girl) ;) so im back! i didnt really leave, i just havent been on here too much and when I am, Ive been spending alot of time on the Aventura Spa Palace thread b/c thats where im getting maried and the site helps with a lot of advice...ok so no more excuses! my wedding is in 8 friggen weeks! (November 5th) i cant even believe it..so i promise to be on here everyday from now till then to lend my support and bi$#h if i need too....First things first, my dress is in and my first fitting is tomorrow night so i am very, very excited...i have lost 7lbs over the summer, with only 5 more to go for goal wedding weight...I wish i could get into running like some of you but i really despise it ;( but if thats what it takes in the end, i will do it...I feel like I have alot done, but at the same time i feel like my list is still long ;( it might be me though and my libra trait of loving to have lists  ;) so this is what is done so far:

all RSVPs from invites are back...we have 49 guests coming ;)

wedding bands purchased

my dress, garter and jewlery purchased

bridesmaids dresses, jewlery, shoes & bags purchased

myself and bridesmaids hair/makeup/massage appts made

wedding party gifts purchased

groom & groomsmen outfits purchased

photographer hired (Juan Navarro)

fans, sand unity set & cake topper purchased

boudoir pics taken (didnt receive back yet)

trash the dress dress purchased

some stuff for OOT bags purchased

bachellorette party planned

Week in Mexico Itenirary planned

Now, heres what I still have to do...ASAP

-arrange all transportation for guests to/from airports

-finish putting together OOT bags

-find pictures of cakes and flowers that I want

-hire dj company

-print brochure and ceremony programs

-plan welcome party at resort

-purchase veil and shoes for myself

-compile a song list for ceremony and reception

-get all documents/paperwork together

-complete my planning thread on BDW forum :)

-pictures of hairstyles/makeup i want

ugh!!!! i need a mantra...i can do this! i can do this! hope this helps some of you, time to go to bed..but i promise I will return daily :) Nicole

well.....I didn't really do anything wedding related this week, but I did get my ass back to the gym :) I started back on Wed, and let me tell you, after the summer off and a 'good' long weekend :) it was HARD! I wanted to quit my cardio after 8 min! I didn't though... I finished 1 hr between the elliptical and the treadmill. Thursday I started the 30 day shred, and then today I did just over an hour of good cardio as well as day 2 of the 30 DS. Hopefully i am on a roll now!

Hey ladies!!!

Just came back from my 1st bridal shower. It was so much fun!!! It only made the wedding seem so much more real! LOL I have my first bachelorette party this weekend. Cant wait!!!

There is still so much stuff I need to get done!! Only 60 days left to go and I need to pick up the slack big time!

Welcome Luna797!!! Good luck with your decision.

Nicedeb928!!!! Good to see you back hon! Man talk about being on a roll. You have nearly everything in gear. Let see I have a few more things that still need to be done. I have no shoes, no jewelry, no veil (but then again I have flowers for my hair.....still undecided on the veil). I finally nailed down my vision with the florist, still have to print my programs and menus though they have been created just waiting to print, pre-travel brochures are done just waiting till 1 month out to mail. Still need to find ties for groom and guys. Everything else.....DONE!!!! Yaaaay!

In terms of working out still at it. I haven't been eating as much calories as I should so minor slip, but I am back to packing in the calories and expect to be at my desired weight by the wedding. 

Mimi73 are you gonna put in some highlights? I've always liked the look of highlights but never been daring enough to try it. Take pics.....we wanna see!!!! Lol!

Angelov321 I look forward to seeing pics of the bridal showers in your planning thread!!!

Well ladies that is it for me. I have my fitting for my dress on Sept. 20 and I on Sept 24th I receive the proof pics for my flowers. October 15th we have our engagement shower/who's who/ahr for all those attending and not able to attend our wedding at the Four Seasons and after that is it officially countdown....I'm still looking forward to my honeymoon more.......