• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

#151 angelov321

angelov321
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:15 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nicdeb928
    Hi ladies! Im getting married November 5 @ Aventura Spa Palace in Riviera Maya Mexico...we sent our save the dates out in January...32 people are booked so far...hoping to have a total of around 50 :) My dress is ordered, as our my bridesmaids..thats really all I have done so far I guess the next two important things to have done are hire a photographer (does anybody know how good the one at the resort is?) and send out invitations I was uncertain about this one...how far in advance should I send them out and when should I make the RSVP date? I was thinking not till september, but now after reading your posts I feel like I should do them sooner...also do I send invitations to people, even though Im pretty sure they're not coming what is the etiquette for this?
    I have heard mixed reviews about the resort photog. One thing I know is they are very expensive! Im using Adrian Herrera. His work is great and his prices are reasonable. What are you planning on doing for music during the reception? I have been in a back in forth fight with my WC regarding DJ's and outside vendors. The resort is charging unreasonable prices for just about everything.

Thats awesome that you already have 32 people booked!! How did you do that?! I feel like you have a good amount of people booked so you might not need an early RSVP date. I have one person booked so Im making my RSVP date for July. Im sending out invitations to people that I know wont come, just because I dont want to be rude. Even if they dont attend the wedding, they might even send you a wedding gift because they were invited. :)

#152 dana

dana
    • 285 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hello! I'm getting married on November 5th.
      STDs-Sent out January
      Dress-Picked up last month
      Bridesmaids-Picked up last month
      Grooms clothes-still undecided
      Photog-TTD booked and using the resort photog (no choice really)
      Invites-Not doing (our STD's had RSVPs in them)-we are sending out brochures to all those coming closer to the date
      Honeymoon-Booked (we are going to Belize)

We have 34 people booked and expecting at least 17 more to book.

#153 JanineA

JanineA
      • 2,482 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

So far I think I am on track:

Venue - booked and deposit paid
        Invitations - paid for and should receive next monday to send by June 15th for RSVP deadline of August 15th
        Music- both saxophonist and dj booked
        Menu - finalized with chef (I still need to print the actual menus)
        Flowers- paid for, should arrive October 15th with final mock-up being e-mailed in August.
        Dress- bought back in Nov 09, first fitting scheduled for August 20th
        BM Dresses- purchased and will be sent to them in August by Priscilla of Boston
        Grooms/Groomsmen - attire bought with the exception of the ties.....any recommendations?
        Photographer - booked back in February
        Honeymoon - paid for back in January (Bora Bora, Le Taha'a, Tahiti, Moorea)
        OOT bags - all smaller items bought, waiting for a final count before buying the flip-flops, water bottles and the jute bags.

Right now I am working on my TTD dress and the activities for all of the guests once they arrive.

#154 Boo

Boo
        • 785 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

deleted

#155 dana

dana
          • 285 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:48 AM

I think I was just lucky! I'm the first in my family (mom and dad's side) to get married and DEAD LAST of my friends so everyone was up for it! My family is super excited and my friends are so happy to go for a fun weekend wedding (plus they live all over the country so they would have had to travel anyway...better Mexico then NJ)! LoL

#156 nicdeb928

nicdeb928
            • 293 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by angelov321
              I have heard mixed reviews about the resort photog. One thing I know is they are very expensive! Im using Adrian Herrera. His work is great and his prices are reasonable. What are you planning on doing for music during the reception? I have been in a back in forth fight with my WC regarding DJ's and outside vendors. The resort is charging unreasonable prices for just about everything.

Thats awesome that you already have 32 people booked!! How did you do that?! I feel like you have a good amount of people booked so you might not need an early RSVP date. I have one person booked so Im making my RSVP date for July. Im sending out invitations to people that I know wont come, just because I dont want to be rude. Even if they dont attend the wedding, they might even send you a wedding gift because they were invited. :)
              Hi! Im very interested in Adrian Herrera...can I ask you what made up your mind to choose him? the only thing that is making me hesitant is that there are not many reviews on here about him...do you know of anyone who used him so we can see his work?

As far as music were hiring the mexican trio for cocktail hour, then i think im renting the ipod docking station with speakers and playing my ipod...not sure yet

#157 nicdeb928

nicdeb928
              • 293 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

Hi ladies...just curious who everyone hired for their photographer? has anyone hired/used Adrian Herrera thanks...nicole

#158 angelov321

angelov321
                • 548 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:59 PM

Quote:
                  Hi! Im very interested in Adrian Herrera...can I ask you what made up your mind to choose him? the only thing that is making me hesitant is that there are not many reviews on here about him...do you know of anyone who used him so we can see his work?

As far as music were hiring the mexican trio for cocktail hour, then i think im renting the ipod docking station with speakers and playing my ipod...not sure yet
                  I felt the same way about Adrian at first. But his prices are VERY reasonable and for some reason I kept drawing myself to him. I asked him to send me some more of his work and he did with no problem. Sometimes you just have to take risks. What sealed the deal for me was he got back to my emails in a timely matter and he was good with answering my MANY questions. So far, I have nothing to complain about.

#159 angelov321

angelov321
                  • 548 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

Quote:
                    Hi ladies...just curious who everyone hired for their photographer? has anyone hired/used Adrian Herrera thanks...nicole
                    forgot to add: No I havent met anyone that has used him, but there are quite a few brides on here that are booking him for future weddings :)

#160 Boo

Boo
                    • 785 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:12 AM

deleted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users