Jump to content

Photo

Any 2012 Bride/Grooms to be out there??


  • Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#281 Sharon99

Sharon99
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,301 posts

    Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:35 AM

    Congratulations & welcome!! I know the feeling...I wanted everything book & done with asap. In order for my resort to confirm our date we had to have our reservation booked. I was panicking & just wanted to get it all sorted out! So I did not wait for the airfare to be out. I thought air was out for Feb though? Maybe you could mention to your TA that you are going to be getting quotes with a TA someone referred you to. That may help budge her along too. If you are having doubts about the TA I would contact the other one. The last thing you need is to not have a reliable agent. Don't worry it will all work out in the end!

    Originally Posted by Shay12 

    Hi Ladies!!
    Just did my homework and read through the whole thread from start to finish!!
    We are getting married Feb 24, 2012!! It took us months to decide and convince and now we are waiting for our TA to give us the go ahead on booking. She said we should wait for flight rates to be released....??
    I'm getting a little impatient, especially after seeing how so many of you are sending out your STD's
    We have been decided for 2wks now. And talking with close family and friends. Now another TA has been recommended from a close friend... I'm thinking about giving her a shot because I'm tired of waiting for this other lady. We have not signed anything so I guess I could but I feel kinda bad.
    We are doing Gran Caribe Real. I saw some mention of it early on but not any more. Do you think I'm making the wrong decision??.....ugh! See I just need to book already and move forward!!! What's the hold up!
    Well hello anyhoo!!


     



    #282 kerry872

    kerry872
    • Jr. Member
    • 165 posts

      Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:44 AM



      Congrats and welcome x

      Originally Posted by Shay12 

      Hi Ladies!!
      Just did my homework and read through the whole thread from start to finish!!
      We are getting married Feb 24, 2012!! It took us months to decide and convince and now we are waiting for our TA to give us the go ahead on booking. She said we should wait for flight rates to be released....??
      I'm getting a little impatient, especially after seeing how so many of you are sending out your STD's
      We have been decided for 2wks now. And talking with close family and friends. Now another TA has been recommended from a close friend... I'm thinking about giving her a shot because I'm tired of waiting for this other lady. We have not signed anything so I guess I could but I feel kinda bad.
      We are doing Gran Caribe Real. I saw some mention of it early on but not any more. Do you think I'm making the wrong decision??.....ugh! See I just need to book already and move forward!!! What's the hold up!
      Well hello anyhoo!!


       



      #283 bellajovie

      bellajovie
      • Newbie
      • 93 posts

        Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:33 AM

        Hello and Welcome!  I hope your planning process is very smooth! 

        Hi Ladies!!
        Just did my homework and read through the whole thread from start to finish!!
        We are getting married Feb 24, 2012!! It took us months to decide and convince and now we are waiting for our TA to give us the go ahead on booking. She said we should wait for flight rates to be released....??
        I'm getting a little impatient, especially after seeing how so many of you are sending out your STD's
        We have been decided for 2wks now. And talking with close family and friends. Now another TA has been recommended from a close friend... I'm thinking about giving her a shot because I'm tired of waiting for this other lady. We have not signed anything so I guess I could but I feel kinda bad.
        We are doing Gran Caribe Real. I saw some mention of it early on but not any more. Do you think I'm making the wrong decision??.....ugh! See I just need to book already and move forward!!! What's the hold up!
        Well hello anyhoo!!

         



        #284 Norma83

        Norma83
        • Jr. Member
        • 173 posts

          Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:10 AM


          Hi Shay12 -


          Congratulations and welcome to the forum!  I'm no TA but you should be able to get the 2012 rates for flights and hotel already.  The rates are usually available 330 days from your departure date.  It seems like yours would already be out.  My fiance and I are getting married at the Gran Caribe Real, May 5, 2012 and if you haven't booked your date already, you should be able to do that as well.  I personally like the Gran Caribe and so far am happy with my choice.  There are many reviews of the Gran Caribe on here - some good, some bad.  It's just all your preference and what you want.  My fiance and I did have the opportunity to tour the hotel and stay there and it was exactly what we wanted.  Since we've been, there have been some changes to one of the receptions sites, which is where our reception will be, but I'm totally fine with it.  There are some complaints about the coordinators.  I did have an unresponsive coordinator but this was when the coordinators were based in the US.  Now, they are in Mexico and our coordinator has been very responsive and helpful.  Have you already booked your date with the Gran Caribe?

           

          Well, if you have any questions about the Gran Caribe, please feel free to ask!  :) 

           

          Norma

           

          Quote:

          Originally Posted by Shay12 

          Hi Ladies!!
          Just did my homework and read through the whole thread from start to finish!!
          We are getting married Feb 24, 2012!! It took us months to decide and convince and now we are waiting for our TA to give us the go ahead on booking. She said we should wait for flight rates to be released....??
          I'm getting a little impatient, especially after seeing how so many of you are sending out your STD's
          We have been decided for 2wks now. And talking with close family and friends. Now another TA has been recommended from a close friend... I'm thinking about giving her a shot because I'm tired of waiting for this other lady. We have not signed anything so I guess I could but I feel kinda bad.
          We are doing Gran Caribe Real. I saw some mention of it early on but not any more. Do you think I'm making the wrong decision??.....ugh! See I just need to book already and move forward!!! What's the hold up!
          Well hello anyhoo!!


           



          #285 Tae123

          Tae123
          • Newbie
          • 11 posts

            Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

            Congrats and Happy Planning

            Hi Ladies!!
            Just did my homework and read through the whole thread from start to finish!!
            We are getting married Feb 24, 2012!! It took us months to decide and convince and now we are waiting for our TA to give us the go ahead on booking. She said we should wait for flight rates to be released....??
            I'm getting a little impatient, especially after seeing how so many of you are sending out your STD's
            We have been decided for 2wks now. And talking with close family and friends. Now another TA has been recommended from a close friend... I'm thinking about giving her a shot because I'm tired of waiting for this other lady. We have not signed anything so I guess I could but I feel kinda bad.
            We are doing Gran Caribe Real. I saw some mention of it early on but not any more. Do you think I'm making the wrong decision??.....ugh! See I just need to book already and move forward!!! What's the hold up!
            Well hello anyhoo!!

             



            #286 Sunshine2680

            Sunshine2680
            • Jr. Member
            • 465 posts

              Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:34 PM

              Hi Shay - If you have the opportunity to book and the price is right- I would go for it
              We've already booked for our Nov 2012 wedding!! and we got an amazing deal! We also had to ditch one TA for another because she was out of town and didn't get us great rates.

               

              Originally Posted by Shay12 

              Hi Ladies!!
              Just did my homework and read through the whole thread from start to finish!!
              We are getting married Feb 24, 2012!! It took us months to decide and convince and now we are waiting for our TA to give us the go ahead on booking. She said we should wait for flight rates to be released....??
              I'm getting a little impatient, especially after seeing how so many of you are sending out your STD's
              We have been decided for 2wks now. And talking with close family and friends. Now another TA has been recommended from a close friend... I'm thinking about giving her a shot because I'm tired of waiting for this other lady. We have not signed anything so I guess I could but I feel kinda bad.
              We are doing Gran Caribe Real. I saw some mention of it early on but not any more. Do you think I'm making the wrong decision??.....ugh! See I just need to book already and move forward!!! What's the hold up!
              Well hello anyhoo!!


               



              #287 Brenners

              Brenners
              • Member
              • 807 posts

                Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

                Hi Shay - as everyone else has mentioned, you need to feel comfortable with your TA and that they are looking out for you and your guests.  If you feel the slightest bit uncomfortable, then you have every right to see what else is out there.  If you look on Ortbitz and Expedia, there are flights already available so I am not sure why your TA is dragging their feet on this.
                 

                Originally Posted by Shay12 

                Hi Ladies!!
                Just did my homework and read through the whole thread from start to finish!!
                We are getting married Feb 24, 2012!! It took us months to decide and convince and now we are waiting for our TA to give us the go ahead on booking. She said we should wait for flight rates to be released....??
                I'm getting a little impatient, especially after seeing how so many of you are sending out your STD's
                We have been decided for 2wks now. And talking with close family and friends. Now another TA has been recommended from a close friend... I'm thinking about giving her a shot because I'm tired of waiting for this other lady. We have not signed anything so I guess I could but I feel kinda bad.
                We are doing Gran Caribe Real. I saw some mention of it early on but not any more. Do you think I'm making the wrong decision??.....ugh! See I just need to book already and move forward!!! What's the hold up!
                Well hello anyhoo!!


                 



                #288 Shay12

                Shay12
                • Newbie
                • 68 posts

                  Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

                  Thanks girls!!! .... It's such an emotional roller coaster!!! So I contacted my TA and she got back to me right away with an answer and what we are waiting for. ( I did check with the other TA and that just reminded me why I chose the one I did!) Happy :) (for now) We are going to book our rooms and wait on air. (it's close to $600 from MSP to Cancun right now) Thats crazy!! How did you all do this part?

                  #289 Jennybell1

                  Jennybell1
                  • Member
                  • 661 posts

                    Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

                    I'm Jan 19, 2012 and we were originally going to Barcelo but changed at the last minute to Sandos.  Its getting closer now!!!

                    Congrats!



                    #290 Jennybell1

                    Jennybell1
                    • Member
                    • 661 posts

                      Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

                      We are going there for our honeymoon in Jan 2012....I so wanted to get married there but with some kids coming to the wedding it just wasnt possible.  I cant wait for the honeymoon!  Great choice!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users