Photo

Flip Flops

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Stina4242

Stina4242
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:08 PM

Has anyone made their own bridal flip flops. It seems ridiculous to spend $50 or more on them just because they have a few rhinestones!

#2 Kelitaw

Kelitaw
    • 512 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

I am going to attempt to do this - just ordered a pair of white wedge flip flops from Old Navy yesterday. I am hoping to embellish them either with a flower or some sort of charm. I can't rationalize spending $60 flip flops.

#3 Raykel

Raykel
      • 489 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:43 PM

I was going to, but found a couple of really good deals so bought them....and stillmay add some blingon my own. Victoria Secret has some really nice white leather ones for $19 a pair. I also have a pair from La Vie en rose that were $2.99. If I have time I am going to put a starfish charm I have on them for fun.

#4 Stina4242

Stina4242
        • 76 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:18 PM

I can't rationalize spending $60 flip flops either! Let me know how it goes!

#5 echo2_62

echo2_62
          • 1,049 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:23 PM

I ordered my flip flops from dessy.com (looking at the banner ad right above my text box right now too!) and they are only $15USD and you can customize what colour you want too! I got the Iridescent Taffeta in Royal Blue and I can't wait for them to come in! I don't think that I'll be adding anything to them, but on the other style of flip flops you could totally add rhinestones and stuff to glam them up some more!!

#6 bridej9

bridej9
            • 180 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

When you girls finish your craft project, you must post pictures! You have a great idea.

#7 blckrevpower

blckrevpower
              • 572 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:01 PM

i was thinking the same thing!
                i was hoping to get bare feet sandals. . . you know basically foot jewelery . . i love the bare feet in the sand idea so hopefully that works out for me
                "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!" --Homer Simpson

#8 A2Bride

A2Bride
                • 676 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:21 PM

I made my own flip flops last weekend...and they turned out really cute!! I will have to post the picture of them. They were under $10 total!! I am going to make my two bridesmaids flip flops as well...

#9 bnbrmy

bnbrmy
                  • 218 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:51 AM

I'm diy-ing my "just married" flip flops I got them from orientaltrading.com for $5.00 and I got some swarovski crystals to put on them at walmart. If you haven't done it before you might want to practice on a cheap pair. I'm doing the barefoot sandals for the wedding and TTD shoot.

#10 Stina4242

Stina4242
                    • 76 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:00 AM

How are you or have you applied the decorations (crystals)?

Thanks everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users