Photo

Breakfast=The Most Important Meal of the Day

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Lua

Lua
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:49 AM

I love me my breakfasts!! I always go all out in the morning as i need the food/energy to keep me going. :)

my favourite lately is a banana or sweet potato pancake!!!

3/4C oats (as in rolled oats, no instant stuff)

2 tbsp milk (any type of milk works)

1 egg

handful of walnut pieces

cinnamon

either 1/2 banana or 1/2 sweet potato - mashed

Mix it all together and pour into a non stick frying pan.  Flatten it down to form a 'pancake' shape and cook slowly on med-low heat.

Top with berries (this am it was blue berries) and a drizzle of syrup.

SOOOO GOOD!!!

#22 FuninthesunMayan2011

FuninthesunMayan2011
    • Site Supporter
    • 51 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:55 PM

YUMMY!!!!!!!! This sounds delicious! Have all the ingredients so going to try tomorrow morning.

Originally Posted by Lua 

I love me my breakfasts!! I always go all out in the morning as i need the food/energy to keep me going. :)

my favourite lately is a banana or sweet potato pancake!!!

3/4C oats (as in rolled oats, no instant stuff)

2 tbsp milk (any type of milk works)

1 egg

handful of walnut pieces

cinnamon

either 1/2 banana or 1/2 sweet potato - mashed

Mix it all together and pour into a non stick frying pan.  Flatten it down to form a 'pancake' shape and cook slowly on med-low heat.

Top with berries (this am it was blue berries) and a drizzle of syrup.

SOOOO GOOD!!!

#23 Pucca

Pucca
      • 485 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

I love breakfast and am always ready to eat breakfast (any time of the day actually). :D 

Something I like to do is called Palta in Chile, and it is quite healthy, quite filling, and easy to make (I learned it from my fiance):

Half a hass avocado (for one serving, or use the whole thing if you're making breakfast for two)

Half a tablespoon or so of olive oil

Dash of salt

Mash the avocado and mix in the olive oil and salt. Spread on multi-grain toast and enjoy! 

Sometimes I'll also make scrambled eggs (minus the yolk). Then I'll use the avocado mix as a spread on a wrap (one of those whole-wheat lavash wraps), add the scrambled egg, and voila! Breakfast wrap. 

#24 richarsd

richarsd
        • 331 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:01 AM

Yum! The wrap sounds delicious!

Originally Posted by Pucca 

I love breakfast and am always ready to eat breakfast (any time of the day actually). :D 

Something I like to do is called Palta in Chile, and it is quite healthy, quite filling, and easy to make (I learned it from my fiance):

Half a hass avocado (for one serving, or use the whole thing if you're making breakfast for two)

Half a tablespoon or so of olive oil

Dash of salt

Mash the avocado and mix in the olive oil and salt. Spread on multi-grain toast and enjoy! 

Sometimes I'll also make scrambled eggs (minus the yolk). Then I'll use the avocado mix as a spread on a wrap (one of those whole-wheat lavash wraps), add the scrambled egg, and voila! Breakfast wrap. 

#25 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
          • 355 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:27 AM

I have a great low-cal breafkast.  Probably a weekend breakfast thing, but if you make extras, you can have it for the toaster/microwave. 

1 cup of oats

1 cup of cottage cheese (I use 1% )

6 egg whites

bit of cinammon

either peacan or walnuts (just a handful)

teaspon of Vanilla (optional)

and I add a bit of honey (again - optional but adds that bit of taste)

I also started adding flax seed lately.

Put all ingredients in a blender, blend it and then make it just like pancakes.  This receipe should give you about 10 oat pancakes. 

If I skip the honey and vanilla in the blender, I 'sprinkle' chopped apples, or berries with a bit of honey on top.  3 of these are still less calories than one regular pancake.  Quite filling too. 

Enjoy

#26 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
            • 155 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

I LOVE BREAKFAST!!!  I feel like the highschool boy though, that likes his cereal!  I appreciate all the new ideas I read on here for breakfast.  FYI, if you're out and about and need a quick breakfast, Einstein bagels has a turkey bagel breakfast thingy and it's really good and less than 270 calories :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users