Photo

Honeymoon Help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jennifer769405

jennifer769405
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

I will be spending two weeks in Costa Rica...the first week will be spent with family and friends on the Caribbean coast, but I still haven't decided what to do for our honeymoon week after everyone goes home.

Any suggestions on an itinerary from May 26- June 2?? What MUST we see or where MUST we go??

I feel so behind in my planning!!!

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

#2 jennifer769405

jennifer769405
    • 152 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:37 PM

No suggestions?? I still have not planned this second week!!! How bad would it be to just wing the second week and be spontaneous?? Or is that a really bad idea??

HELP :/

#3 Ask.CostaRica

Ask.CostaRica
      • 223 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

After being at the coast you could take a boat tour up the Tortuguero Canals and stay at one of the places out there Mawamba Lodge. After this head to Arenal Volcano Area (Observatory Lodge is my choice, quiet, intimate) or Lost Iguana/Nayara Springs Lodge these are all better budget boutique hotels. You can head to Monetverde Cloud Forest (make sure you do the Rancho Naturalista at nite) - El Establo or Belmar are my choice places there. Then Tamarindo for nite life & surf lessons or Manuel Antonio. Less likely chance of rain in Tamarindo.
        Let me know if we may be of more assistance.

#4 molissa10

molissa10
        • 11 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

You MUST, MUST, MUST go to Tabacon Resort and Spa, it's absolutely stunning! We describe it as the Garden of Eden. Here, check out our itinerary for some ideas:

Mellisa & Ryan - wedding website by mywedding.com

#5 NaM

NaM
          • 2,256 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:06 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by molissa10
            You MUST, MUST, MUST go to Tabacon Resort and Spa, it's absolutely stunning! We describe it as the Garden of Eden. Here, check out our itinerary for some ideas:

Mellisa & Ryan - wedding website by mywedding.com
            We honeymooded (part of the time) at your wedding resort, Villa Caletas!! GORGEOUS!! I would def recommend it.
            I have to disagree about Tabacon though...while I thought it was pretty there and a cool experience, we met some locals who took us to natural hot springs and I thought that was way cooler. It was just a bit too touristy for me, but some people really like that so I would def suggest checking it out.
            We went to Arenal Volcano and did a repelling tour which was amazing!! We also did some zip lining in Monteverde in the "cloud forest" that was neat too.
            Costa Rica is beautiful, I think you just have to decide on what exactly you'd like to be doing i.e. hiking or laying on the beach and then go from there on where you would like to go. So many options...good luck!!!

#6 jennifer769405

jennifer769405
            • 152 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:16 AM

Thank you for all of the suggestions...I will certainly look into them!

Ask.CostaRica, do you think I'll be ok just going with the flow and not making reservations in advance? Or should I try to book as much as I can? And which of these places is the least touristy...we really enjoy traveling off the beaten path and love nature/hiking/adventure...plus a little beach time would be nice!

I would really love to spend some time somewhere where we can mingle with locals and very little or no English is spoken so I can immerse practice my Spanish :)

#7 Ask.CostaRica

Ask.CostaRica
              • 223 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:23 AM

In May-June you should be OK without booking in advance (that is what we do when we travel the country-we do a lot). Jenn please feel free to contact us once you are in CR and you are heading to a particular area to give you the heads up on the best of the area.

#8 jennifer769405

jennifer769405
                • 152 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:19 PM

I will do that! Thanks so much for all of your help/advice/suggestions!

#9 AllieRay

AllieRay
                  • 26 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

What did you end up doing for your honeymoon? I was thinking Arenal Nayara, but haven't booked so still looking for suggestions! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users