Photo

Getting upgraded

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#11 carolina24

carolina24
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:20 PM

we're getting married at Dreams Cancun and if you book directly with the resort they give you the 10th room free, they also upgrade everyone in your party. the bride and groom automatically get upgraded regardless of how you book (I think this depends on which wedding package you chose).
    If you didn't book through the resort, your TA might be able to upgrade your guests, or you could try to organize this through your WC or the resort's reservations department.

#12 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by carolina24
    we're getting married at Dreams Cancun and if you book directly with the resort they give you the 10th room free, they also upgrade everyone in your party. the bride and groom automatically get upgraded regardless of how you book (I think this depends on which wedding package you chose).
    If you didn't book through the resort, your TA might be able to upgrade your guests, or you could try to organize this through your WC or the resort's reservations department.
    TA's can usually match what the hotel offers and do better.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#13 carolina24

carolina24
    • 1,573 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:41 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Tammy Host
      TA's can usually match what the hotel offers and do better.
      oh definately!!! i would never book directly, I just remember that from our site visit. we're booking with TA Jill, LOVE HER!!!!!

#14 Megan24

Megan24
      • 271 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

I wish I could say the same about my TA. I really feel like I am having to work harder. When I emailed her today about my post on here and the response I got. She said right now we are focusing on other things. She is very nice I just feel like we should be getting a better deal. We booked 12 rooms and it was like pulling teeth to get the every 6 room for free.

Tammy when your clients are getting the 6 th room for free are the having to pay for those rooms and then after the trip they are getting the money back? J/w if that is how it works.

#15 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
        • 355 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:09 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Tammy Host
          We have about 8 rooms. We have every 6th room free.
          Tammy - I'm getting married at Dreams Riviera Cancun and was wondering if it's normal to get every 6th room free? Thanks!

#16 Megan24

Megan24
          • 271 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:42 PM

Thanks for your responses

#17 Megan24

Megan24
            • 271 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:36 AM

Could a mod delete my number 15 post. I think it was taking the wrong way. After reading TA Mauren's replie she got me thinking. I would hate for what I wrote to be taking the wrong way by my TA or anyone else for that matter. Thanks a bunch.

#18 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
              • 4,979 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:59 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Megan24
                Could a mod delete my number 15 post. I think it was taking the wrong way. After reading TA Mauren's replie she got me thinking. I would hate for what I wrote to be taking the wrong way by my TA or anyone else for that matter. Thanks a bunch.
                Unfortunately Megan, deleting posts/threads can lead to forum issues, therefore it is against forum policy to remove any posts.
                Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#19 Megan24

Megan24
                • 271 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:44 AM

Thanks I thought I had seen someone ask this and it was taken care. No biggie.

#20 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:44 PM

No, I you're probably right. There was a time we had done it, but we discovered that deleting post and threads can lead to this bug so we don't anymore! :o)
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users