Photo

Getting upgraded

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Megan24

Megan24
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:05 PM

Hello my wedding will be May 21 at the Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort and Spa.

My question is we just booked a garden view cheapest room. I hoped that I would get a upgrade to a nicer room. We have blocked off 12 rooms and have had all our guest pay in full or about to have it payed. How do I get the resort to upgrade my room for no additional cost? Is there any tricks or does it just happen as curiosity to the bride? I know tipping helps!! But just wondering if any of your past brides went threw this or even the travel agents that have any suggestions.

Also is it possible for them to upgrade all of my guest to better rooms??

Thank you

#2 Megan24

Megan24
    • 271 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:13 PM

Thanks for the tip I will let my travel agent know.

We will be going the week before summer break so I am hoping it will not be sooo busy.

#3 Megan24

Megan24
      • 271 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:15 PM

Sorry about the double post my BDWF is acting really weird today.

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:22 PM

i just did a group block for dreams riviera cancun and they offered my group free double upgrades so they were all upgraded to oceanview or better for their rooms...see if your TA can get that.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:26 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Megan24
          Sorry about the double post my BDWF is acting really weird today.
          i deleted the other thread, no worries!

#6 Megan24

Megan24
          • 271 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:42 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tammy Host
            i just did a group block for dreams riviera cancun and they offered my group free double upgrades so they were all upgraded to oceanview or better for their rooms...see if your TA can get that.
            Tammy
            Awesome that is great news. I will let my TA know.

Thanks for deleting the other post. The forum has been kind of weird today on me. lol

#7 Megan24

Megan24
            • 271 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

Tammy may I ask how many rooms did you have blocked off?

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:32 PM

We have about 8 rooms. We have every 6th room free.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 Megan24

Megan24
              • 271 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

We did get the 6 th room free so that was good. Thanks for your help.

#10 bnbrmy

bnbrmy
                • 218 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:10 PM

We are getting married in Cabo in January, which is one of the main tourist months so we went ahead an booked ourselves a suite, due to the fact availability might not be very high at that time. I think May is a big time for Cancun tourists so I would say you might have issues with availability. I would definately talk to your TA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users