Photo

Sunday wedding?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Clarissa

Clarissa
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:14 AM

I was told by my TA that I can't marry in Mexico on a Sunday! I don't believe her. Has anyone gotten married on a Sunday If so what resort and did you have to pay an extra fee?

#2 carolina24

carolina24
    • 1,573 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:54 AM

when i did research the resorts i looked at didnt allow sunday weddings but it had something to do with the judge (legal wedding). I really didn't get much info on it b/c we are doing a symbolic ceremony. if i were you i'd contact the resorts directly and be specific a/b which type of ceremony you want and go from there.

#3 jplovesme

jplovesme
      • 385 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:59 AM

I think it depends on the resort. I've seen on some resort sites (their weddings section) that weddings do happen on sunday. email them directly (not through your ta) to find out for sure.

#4 indy_chic

indy_chic
        • 336 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:18 AM

I'm getting married on a Sunday ! However, it's a symbolic wedding (not legal).

#5 anita09

anita09
          • 156 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:56 AM

When I was inquiring about wedding dates, I was given the option of having it on a Sunday. We are having a symbolic ceremony though. It was at Dreams Riviera Cancun. Hope this helps!

#6 YrishCathe

YrishCathe
            • 31 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

I'm getting married on a SUnday! 10-10-10to be exact. But I'm having a religious Catholic ceremony and we're doing a private beach club for a reception and not a resort.
              Mrs.2Be

#7 Guest_iluckie_*

Guest_iluckie_*
              • Guests

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:51 AM

I have taken hundreds of wedding on Sundays, I think you should move faster and book your date before the sunday you need gets booked.

Good luck!
                Ivan

#8 Mrs Price 2010

Mrs Price 2010
                • 74 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:54 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by YrishCathe
                  I'm getting married on a SUnday! 10-10-10to be exact. But I'm having a religious Catholic ceremony and we're doing a private beach club for a reception and not a resort.

Ohhh I really wanted 10-10-10 as well, but was also told that they do not carry out weddings on a Sunday! 10-05-10 doesn't really have the same ring!

#9 newlife

newlife
                  • 35 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:09 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by carolina24
                    when i did research the resorts i looked at didnt allow sunday weddings but it had something to do with the judge (legal wedding). I really didn't get much info on it b/c we are doing a symbolic ceremony. if i were you i'd contact the resorts directly and be specific a/b which type of ceremony you want and go from there.
                    Yes you should contact directly and ask them.
                    Paradise is always where love dwells.

#10 Bride Loving CJ

Bride Loving CJ
                    • 278 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:56 AM

I am also getting married on 10.10.10 at 10AM and at first my TA told me it wasn't possible but then I asked her to see what she could do, she went back and tried a few times and finally found a judge who would perform the ceremony.

Originally Posted by Mrs Price 2010 

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by YrishCathe

Ohhh I really wanted 10-10-10 as well, but was also told that they do not carry out weddings on a Sunday! 10-05-10 doesn't really have the same ring!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users