Sign in to follow this  
Taghan

My DIY Aisle Runners - Finally Done!

Well, thanks to BDW Forum member Keilag for the inspiration, my DIY petal aisle runner is now complete! I really wanted to dress up the aisle on the beach and thought that real rose petals were just WAY too expensive. And then you aren't allow to just toss silks everywhere and leave them, so it'd be a pain in the butt to pick them up. I thought this was a beautiful alternative and still gives the same look I originally wanted, plus easy clean-up!

I used a wide ribbon (2.5-3" wide), something with some substance to it, like satin or grosgrain. I purchased the silk petals in varying shades of hot pink on e-Bay and hot glued them to the ribbon. Each side of the aisle will be decorated with one of these runners. Each one is 15' long.

These aren't the greatest pics in the world, but it'll give you an idea of what it looks like.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

• Like 1

Well ladies, I really have a HUGE thank you to my mother! She took the supplies back home with her this fall and put it all together for me!!! :) I bought about 3400 silk petals, but have some left over.

Wow, they look great! I've been waiting to see the finished product and glad it all turned out!

Wish I could take on a project like that, but I've already got so much on my plate sad.gif

Great job!