Photo

I've Had a CRAPPY Day!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 dragonfly

dragonfly
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:31 AM

I really hope Jack gets better, that breeder should be ashamed!

#12 Martha

Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:08 AM

Thank you for your kind words guys. I was such a mess yesterday. Losing my Cali a month ago has been really crappy and then going through this yesterday was heartbreaking.

They have him on IV, antibiotics, baytril, reglan and buprenex. So, I always Google the print out they give me, because I am a freak that way. It's stuff to help with pain, to help with nausea and of course the antibiotics.

I Googled also to see if there was something that was on the list to kill the parvo. There wasn't, so I called the vet hospital and they said there isn't one thing they can give him to kill the parvo, that's what the antibiotics are for. Parvo is very new to me, so I have been reading as much as I can about it.

Last night I called to check up on him and they said he was still lethargic and sad and had diarrhea.
      I called at 4:30 (woke up and couldn't go back to bed) and they said he is up and acting like a puppy! Wants to play and give kisses! He still has diarrhea though. I know it's a good sign that he is up and playing a little more, but I am wondering about the diarrhea. I hope it stops soon!!!

Thank you guys for all your well wishes! I truly, truly appreciate it!

#13 cessyboston

cessyboston
      • VIP Member
      • 2,096 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:17 AM

oooo poor thing hope he gets better soon..........ill be praying for the lttle guy
        Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#14 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:26 AM

I'm sorry your poor puppy has to go through that. It sounds to me that this "breeder" you got him from wasn't a good breeder and unfortunity the don't have the best interest at heart for their pups and only care about the money. Did they at least offer to reimburse you for the medical expenses?

#15 Karen

Karen
          • 1,308 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:34 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you! Get better little jack!!!
            <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#16 Martha

Martha
            • VIP Member
            • 3,906 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:16 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TammyB
              I'm sorry your poor puppy has to go through that. It sounds to me that this "breeder" you got him from wasn't a good breeder and unfortunity the don't have the best interest at heart for their pups and only care about the money. Did they at least offer to reimburse you for the medical expenses?
              Nope. She just offered to take him back or to send him to her vet, which is 3 hours away.

Oh well...I don't care about her or that damn money. I just want Jack better! Although, the money would really help with vet bills. Ugh!

Karma is gonna get her!

#17 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
              • 1,798 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:37 PM

How upsetting! Some breeders forget that dog/cats instantly turn into a family memeber and "swapping" isn't an option.
                I hope all is well very soon for you both.

#18 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:50 PM

How awful! It sounds like you got him into the vet in time. We've all got our fingers & toes crossed for your puppy - poor little guy.

And that breeder! Jamie already said it...talk about bad kharma!

#19 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:05 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Just Martha
                    Thank you for your kind words guys. I was such a mess yesterday. Losing my Cali a month ago has been really crappy and then going through this yesterday was heartbreaking.

They have him on IV, antibiotics, baytril, reglan and buprenex. So, I always Google the print out they give me, because I am a freak that way. It's stuff to help with pain, to help with nausea and of course the antibiotics.

I Googled also to see if there was something that was on the list to kill the parvo. There wasn't, so I called the vet hospital and they said there isn't one thing they can give him to kill the parvo, that's what the antibiotics are for. Parvo is very new to me, so I have been reading as much as I can about it.

Last night I called to check up on him and they said he was still lethargic and sad and had diarrhea.
                    I called at 4:30 (woke up and couldn't go back to bed) and they said he is up and acting like a puppy! Wants to play and give kisses! He still has diarrhea though. I know it's a good sign that he is up and playing a little more, but I am wondering about the diarrhea. I hope it stops soon!!!

Thank you guys for all your well wishes! I truly, truly appreciate it!
                    It sounds like they're doing the right thing. I'm glad to hear he is perkier today! That's always a good sign. Oh, and you're right- there is nothing they can do to directly "treat" Parvo, since it's a virus it has to run it's course. The only thing you can do is support the symptoms until it's gone and keep the animal alive...

You said you got this puppy on Friday, right? Did you get any sort of health guarantee? Did the vet you took him to do a Parvo test? She should totally be liable for this puppy's vet expenses because he was sick when you picked him up! Parvo has a 3-10 day incubation period, so he was already infected when you bought him. If he'd stayed at her house he probably would have died. She at least should reimburse your purchase price if it is less than the vet bill (which my guess is that it will be!).

Good luck!

#20 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 10,366 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

awww... I hope he feels better soon, please keep us up to date

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users