I've Had a CRAPPY Day!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:53 PM

We got a new pup on Friday! Jackson "Jack" a Cocker Spaniel. He is crazy! Very playful and so cute! He was fine on Friday but last night he started to get sick...
    Well, this afternoon I could tell something was wrong. He had diarrhea and vomited again. He was also burning up and was VERY lethargic. This is a 12 week old puppy, he should be playing, not sleeping! He could barely stand, so I decided to take him to the vet ER.

They tested him for Parvo and sure enough! I just got him on Friday. I called the breeder and all she said was to return him for a refund or drive almost 3 hours and she would take him in TOMORROW to her vet because they would let her make monthly payments. UGH!

There was no way I was driving the 3 hours with this VERY sick pup. He was moaning and just so lethargic...hadn't eaten a thing or drank any water all day.

He was admitted and they will keep him for 3-5 days.

I hope and pray this little guy pulls through!

I just lost Cali (my cat) a month ago to Feline Leukemia Virus...I can't handle another loss...even if he has only been a part of my family for 2 days.

#2 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:00 PM

Oh no Martha, I am SOOOOO sorry to hear that. Poor little guy, he's so little to be dealing with this. Parvo is horrible. I hate that breeder mentality "Oh, just return him for a full refund or exchange". This is a living, breathing soul not a busted blender!

Sounds like you have done the right thing. I'm so sorry for the recent loss of your cat. I volunteer at a no-kill shelter that cares for cats with Feline Lukemia so I know how hard that can be.

I will really be sending good thoughts to you guys and little Jack.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#3 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:05 PM

Thank you so much Jaime. I hope he pulls through. He is such a sweetheart!

And, thank you for the gift. That was so nice of you!

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:14 PM

You're very welcome. I really feel for you. GOOD LUCK to little Jack!!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#5 Martha

Martha
          • VIP Member
          • 3,906 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:23 PM

I miss him biting my toes.

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:30 PM

Awwwe

Hopefully he is getting better as we speak and he'll be back to biting your toes in no time! And by then you'll of course have to change his name to Lucky. lol

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#7 1elephant

1elephant
              • VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:32 PM

i can't even imagine what you're going thru....please keep us posted!

feel better lil jack!

#8 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:06 AM

aww, poor Jack! Keep us updated on his progress.

#9 michelle08

michelle08
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,702 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:19 AM

Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear that!! Well i will be thinking of Jack and keep us updated!

#10 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 6,996 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:31 AM

Aww Martha, I'm so sorry...that is so scary. At least you took him right in and they have him started on treatment. I worked for a vet for 10 years, and the puppies that got started on treatment right away seemed to be the ones that pulled through. Do they have him on IV's and antibiotics & antiemetics (stuff that helps him stop vomiting)? Keep us posted...I've got my fingers crossed for you and will say a little prayer for Jack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users