Seeking advice for my fellow beach brides

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sylvie143

• 181 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:03 AM

A lil help, please!!

I love the colors black and white, but I want to do a Mexico beach wedding and I feel that black and white really isn't Mexico-ish..... I was thinking of white and blood orange. What have you ladies done? What colors looks good in photos on the beach?

Thank you in advance!

#2 Melidell

• 1,091 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:08 PM

I went with a fushia/ black combination to make things more tropical. I think orange would look really pretty, too. Rather than actually use white as part of my colour scheme I just made sure that "neutral" things like my dress, background of my invitations, etc.. were white rather than off white or ivory coloured. Hope this helps!
      Loving married life!

#3 Sylvie143

• 181 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:11 PM

Melidell, yes!! Thank you for the advice. I feel so lost looking at all of thses color combos.

#4 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

Hi, maybe check out the perfect palette for some inspiration/ideas. If you scroll down on the left, you can pick by color & see inspiration boards they've put together
          The Perfect Palette

And here's a link specifically to beach weddings (& the 2nd one's a fuchsia/black one!)
          The Perfect Palette: Beach

good luck!

#5 Sylvie143

• 181 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:56 PM

Thank you so much Karen!! GREAT website, A lot of fantastic color combinations.

I love the the coral with the white, VERY pretty and very beachy!

#6 autjo

• 2,182 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:17 PM

If you like black and white then go for it! I think adding a pop of orange would look really pretty. We called our color "persimmon" and the orangy-red really stood out in the pictures. I got inspiration by looking at paint and room samples from the home decorating stores.

#7 Sylvie143

• 181 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:41 PM

Auto Jo! great idea!!

maybe I can do colored dresses with a hint of black somewhere. I just love black and white! Always have, just I would feel bad for my BM's to stand in the sun with black dresses on =(

#8 daniepps

• 304 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:45 PM

I really like the black, white and orange. Maybe you can just do as an accent color.

#9 **~Linda~**

• 1,326 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:05 PM

Black, white and turquoise would look gorgeous as well! I also love the black white and orange idea :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users