Photo

Patrice Cormier should be burned at the stake...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 debbmach

debbmach
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:10 AM

My thoughts are with you and your family. I know Cormier is suspended indefinitely, but he should definitely be banned. Even my FI agrees and he's a HUGE hockey buff! Keep us posted!
    http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#12 Tifuhhknee

Tifuhhknee
    • 631 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:25 AM

My thoughts and prayers and with him! Keep us updated on how he is doing.
      Destination Wedding: April 21, 2011
      At Home Reception: May 7, 2011
      25 guests + bride + groom booked

My Wedding Planning Notes

#13 bikegirl

bikegirl
      • Banned
      • 319 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:27 AM

That is so low. Since this is during a game, he wouldn't be criminally charged, just either discharged or permanently banned from the league right? I think he SHOULD be criminally charged with assault. Intentionally hitting someone and in the FACE...he KNEW what he was doing, he KNEW the harm it would cause. There is absolutely no excuse. This isn't roughhousing...shoving and pushing. This is definitely trying to cause serious harm!

Sadly, this happens all too often and seems to be a part of hockey. It sells. And you can tell even by the kid's leagues....start them young.

#14 debbmach

debbmach
        • 1,457 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:34 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by bikegirl
          That is so low. Since this is during a game, he wouldn't be criminally charged, just either discharged or permanently banned from the league right? I think he SHOULD be criminally charged with assault. Intentionally hitting someone and in the FACE...he KNEW what he was doing, he KNEW the harm it would cause. There is absolutely no excuse. This isn't roughhousing...shoving and pushing. This is definitely trying to cause serious harm!

Sadly, this happens all too often and seems to be a part of hockey. It sells. And you can tell even by the kid's leagues....start them young.
          He can still get criminally charged. I work at a hospital and we had a kid who died from a rugby accident and the kid who's fault it was, got charged!
          http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#15 Oryx

Oryx
          • 727 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:11 AM

That is just horrible and this sort of thing in hockey has to stop. So sorry to hear about your friend Natasha -- my thoughts are with him.

#16 vdaybride

vdaybride
            • 1,412 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:46 AM

I am not a hockey fan, due to the violent nature of the sport, but my heart goes out to him and all who knew him. I wish him a speedy recovery, he is definitely in my prayers!
              Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#17 SusieQ

SusieQ
              • 1,603 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:10 AM

Just an unbelievable dirty hit. No reason, other than I am fustrated and I am going to take you down. Your right he could have died... You don't nearly take someones life over what happens in a hockey game. Brutal !!!!! I hope he has a speedy recovery and is able to make it to your wedding.

#18 SusieQ

SusieQ
                • 1,603 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:12 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by debbmach
                  He can still get criminally charged. I work at a hospital and we had a kid who died from a rugby accident and the kid who's fault it was, got charged!
                  I remember that and he was found criminally repsonsible... that was just a few years ago.

#19 bikegirl

bikegirl
                  • Banned
                  • 319 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:42 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by debbmach
                    You're right, I remember that!

Just read today's Star article. Looks like they are investigating into possibility of criminal charge but if you read further down, the Devils GM says he doesn't believe criminal charges or suspension for rest of season is likely. Figures...

#20 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 9,532 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:50 PM

That hit makes me sick to my stomach. I hope he recovers quickly with no long-lasting damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users