Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#41 michelle2011

michelle2011
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:02 PM

FutureMrsYak - it is so frustrating this waiting and not being able to hold the date or book our holiday! We have 435 days till our wedding. Not that i'm counting or anything hee hee! I really hope the flight prices come out soon. I've been told anytime between now and April time, for next May :o(.....

Nicy - thanks hun, I love it! I keep looking at the picture of it lol...

Gemmalou - our friends visited Moon Palace a while ago and said it is lovely there. I'm sure you wont be disappointed!

Our plumber went to Dreams Tulum last year and said he would highly reccommend it. He said it was more a 6* than 5. Him and his wife loved it there. We did look at this hotel but the longer transfer put us off a little. Especially coming from the UK on a long flight.

For anyone else looking at other hotels, my friend got married in Sept 09 at the Iberostar Maya and absolutely loved it. She didn't have one complaint, so that's a good hotel too!

We looked at sooooo many hotels before finally decided so i sympathise with those still on the hunt for their perfect hotel. It's so hard they are all lush!!

gingerlover36 - The Barcelo has 5 hotels onsite (Palace being the deluxe one) and i've heard they have 2-3 weddings a day depending on time of year. But the complex is hugh so i think they spread them out. I have emailed a few questions to the WC but had no reply as yet....

#42 Nicyx

Nicyx
    • 2,914 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:38 PM

Hey Ladies,

I dont know if the same in the U.S as the U.K but can anyone tell me the script with birth certificates?

I know we need these but does it have to be apostilled aswell?
      and has anyone got a full birth certificate? does this state fathers occupation?
      does anyone know if fathers occupation needs to be on it to get married?
      I know you need a full certificate and we need to order these as we only have the short ones so i will look into getting a full one.

Ive read so many different things. I will ask the TA in the next few weeks but FI and I have been talking tonight and its on my mind.

Hope this makes sense!!!!!!

Thanks x

#43 gemmalou

gemmalou
      • 14 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:21 PM

hey girls

could anyone please advise me on the best time to go mexico, i keep reading and hearing different things. we were planning on going nov 2011 but is this hurricane season.

#44 Nicyx

Nicyx
        • 2,914 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:32 PM

Hi gemmalou,

From what i know hurricane season lasts from June until November, though most hurricanes occur between August and October.

Hope this helps

Nic x

#45 gemmalou

gemmalou
          • 14 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:06 PM

thanks hun, we might be ok then fingers crossed

#46 ahollo02

ahollo02
            • 296 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:47 PM

Hey all!!

The Valentin Imperial Maya just got back with me and they said the soonest to reserve a date for May 2011 is April/May 2010... so no sooner than about a year in advance. I was hoping to reserve it now that way I could send save-the-dates. Oh well I just like to plan ahead!

#47 sarahgrace36

sarahgrace36
              • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

Hello all - We're planning for Feb 2011! We just got back from visiting Gran Bahia principle and dreams tulum. We had a less than stellar experience at the first. dreams tulum is beautiful but we're worried about expense to our guests. i'll be interested to hear about imperial valentin!
                Sarah

#48 michelle2011

michelle2011
                • 1,301 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:49 AM

Hi ya

Nicy i have a full birth certificate and yes it does state fathers occupation. I don't know if you need it on there though. I haven't heard anything about them being apostilled. My friend got married in Mexico in September so i will ask her and let you know what she says! x

#49 michelle2011

michelle2011
                  • 1,301 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:35 AM

Hello, ok my friend got back to me regarding the birth certs. Yes you have to have apostiles attached to your birth certs. They got it done at the foreign and commonwealth office if you go on their website it has all the info on there. It's £28 and then postage. You also have to have one attached to your marriage certificate once you are married so it is legal in this country. My friend had to wait 5months after her wedding date for this to come through.

Hope this is helpful. I haven't looked to much into the legal side and documents needed so that's something i'm going to have to do! x

#50 bikegirl

bikegirl
                    • Banned
                    • 319 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:26 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ahollo02
                      Hey all!!

The Valentin Imperial Maya just got back with me and they said the soonest to reserve a date for May 2011 is April/May 2010... so no sooner than about a year in advance. I was hoping to reserve it now that way I could send save-the-dates. Oh well I just like to plan ahead!
                      That's what I'm hearing, too. I'm trying to treat it as a good thing, though. Use this time to plan and research (BDW!!) as well as verbally "confirm" with those that I really want there so I can get an idea of how many will actually be coming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users