Jump to content

Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#2301 michelle2011

michelle2011
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,301 posts

    Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nicyx
    Whoo Our wedding date has been confirmed today, Its the date we requested May 6th, BUT we couldnt get the 4pm time we wanted so we are now getting married at 1PM... Im not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing?!?

    1.) Wanted to sunbathe AM.... (gana have to master getting ready pronto)

    2.) Ages to wait for reception diner.... (always stay at the bar before hand for longer)

    3.) Will it be too hot.... (have now got fans... THANKS KERRY)

    Ooooooooo look @ that, The good outweighs the bad....

    I think it will be ALL good :-) Argh it feels even more real now :-) Wedding pack should be through in a week or so (not holding breath though) xox

    WOW.... Lots of Barcelo brides!!! Excellent :-) x
    Awww so so so so so pleased for you chick!! It's gonna be wicked!! 1pm is OK gives you lots of time for lovely pix and champagne to celebrate and work up your appetite for a yummy meal :o)... really chuffed for you! 6th of May.. whoop!! xx

    #2302 pitt2011

    pitt2011
    • Newbie
    • 81 posts

      Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:35 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nicyx
      Whoo Our wedding date has been confirmed today, Its the date we requested May 6th, BUT we couldnt get the 4pm time we wanted so we are now getting married at 1PM... Im not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing?!?

      1.) Wanted to sunbathe AM.... (gana have to master getting ready pronto)

      2.) Ages to wait for reception diner.... (always stay at the bar before hand for longer)

      3.) Will it be too hot.... (have now got fans... THANKS KERRY)

      Ooooooooo look @ that, The good outweighs the bad....

      I think it will be ALL good :-) Argh it feels even more real now :-) Wedding pack should be through in a week or so (not holding breath though) xox

      WOW.... Lots of Barcelo brides!!! Excellent :-) x
      Congrats Girlie! The 1pm time is good. Then you will have plenty of time to hang with your guests and take pics and drink before the reception. AND like Michelle said, you will get to work up an appetite for a yummy meal! It will be hot, but you won't even notice it because you will be having so much funnnnnnn

      #2303 Lindobride14

      Lindobride14
      • Jr. Member
      • 279 posts

        Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by pitt2011
        Oh and i cant wait to see all of your pics!! I'm excited to hear about all of your meetings with the wedding people
        Yeah the brides hair & makeup is included in the dream package (is that the package you're talking about?) I will have to sit down and chat with the WC about whether we should still do the dream package even though I'm not getting my hair done there. With all the other extras that are included in the dream package like the private reception, the mariachis, welcome cocktail party, etc, I may still be better off going with that package -- as opposed to doing the more basic package and then adding on all those things ala carte.

        I will def take some pics for you while I'm there! I cannot WAIT to see everything in person! And I agree that It's great talking to someone with the same questions!

        BTW, if you end up going with the resort's salon, email them and ask for a group discount. They offered me 10% I think, still high, but it's something. Please let me know what Karla says about that $75 credit. I'd love to know if it's going to be offered in 2011.

        #2304 pitt2011

        pitt2011
        • Newbie
        • 81 posts

          Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:10 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lindobride14
          Yeah the brides hair & makeup is included in the dream package (is that the package you're talking about?) I will have to sit down and chat with the WC about whether we should still do the dream package even though I'm not getting my hair done there. With all the other extras that are included in the dream package like the private reception, the mariachis, welcome cocktail party, etc, I may still be better off going with that package -- as opposed to doing the more basic package and then adding on all those things ala carte.

          I will def take some pics for you while I'm there! I cannot WAIT to see everything in person! And I agree that It's great talking to someone with the same questions!

          BTW, if you end up going with the resort's salon, email them and ask for a group discount. They offered me 10% I think, still high, but it's something. Please let me know what Karla says about that $75 credit. I'd love to know if it's going to be offered in 2011.
          I emailed Karla today and asked her to send me a price list from El Spa. For a ladies special occasion hairdo it's $95 and for makeup it's $96. YIKES!! Thats a lot of money, and I feel bad making my girls pay that money for their hair and makeup. I am definitely going to look into an outside salon.

          Also, my mom and I sat down one day and added up the price differences between the cheaper package and adding all of the extras and then just having the "dream package". It was definitely cheaper to go with the "dream package". The only things that won't be utilized are the spa things. My fiancee and I don't go to the spa. So I asked her if we could offer those to others in the wedding. She said that we could give the spa things to our parents or any of the wedding party members. They would just have to say who they are in relation to us if they want to use the spa. We wanted to have a Mariachi (spelling?) band and the welcome cocktail hour and all of the other things that were offered in the package. Adding all of the things ala carte is way more expensive. Have you done any of the math differences?

          #2305 pitt2011

          pitt2011
          • Newbie
          • 81 posts

            Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lindobride14
            Yeah the brides hair & makeup is included in the dream package (is that the package you're talking about?) I will have to sit down and chat with the WC about whether we should still do the dream package even though I'm not getting my hair done there. With all the other extras that are included in the dream package like the private reception, the mariachis, welcome cocktail party, etc, I may still be better off going with that package -- as opposed to doing the more basic package and then adding on all those things ala carte.

            I will def take some pics for you while I'm there! I cannot WAIT to see everything in person! And I agree that It's great talking to someone with the same questions!

            BTW, if you end up going with the resort's salon, email them and ask for a group discount. They offered me 10% I think, still high, but it's something. Please let me know what Karla says about that $75 credit. I'd love to know if it's going to be offered in 2011.
            Oh and I will definitely ask Karla about the $75 credit. Anywhere I can cut costs the better!!

            #2306 Lindobride14

            Lindobride14
            • Jr. Member
            • 279 posts

              Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:49 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by pitt2011
              I emailed Karla today and asked her to send me a price list from El Spa. For a ladies special occasion hairdo it's $95 and for makeup it's $96. YIKES!! Thats a lot of money, and I feel bad making my girls pay that money for their hair and makeup. I am definitely going to look into an outside salon.

              Also, my mom and I sat down one day and added up the price differences between the cheaper package and adding all of the extras and then just having the "dream package". It was definitely cheaper to go with the "dream package". The only things that won't be utilized are the spa things. My fiancee and I don't go to the spa. So I asked her if we could offer those to others in the wedding. She said that we could give the spa things to our parents or any of the wedding party members. They would just have to say who they are in relation to us if they want to use the spa. We wanted to have a Mariachi (spelling?) band and the welcome cocktail hour and all of the other things that were offered in the package. Adding all of the things ala carte is way more expensive. Have you done any of the math differences?
              No, I haven't sat down and done the math yet. But I will take your word for it! That is awesome that you can give the spa services to someone in your bridal party or your parents! I will definitely do that.

              I wonder if the bride's hair and makeup, and the manicure & pedicure can be transferred to someone else as well, if you use an outside vendor? Or is it just the massages that's transferable?

              Yeah, over 200 bucks with tip for hair & makeup is WAY overpriced.
              Also, just a heads up if you didn't notice the manicure is 59 and pedicure is 79! I warned my girls go at home before the trip!

              I was originally going to get my 8 BM's their jewelry, a monogrammed travel cosmetic/toiletry case, and then pay for them to get their hair done while we're there. When I factored what those things would cost, I decided instead to just buy them their dresses instead. It's more practical and more appreciated!

              And that way, if that 75 spa credit is offered when they book their trips, they can just use that toward getting their hair done. I'm sure most if not all the girls wil just do their own makeup at that cost.
              QA
              I checked with about 5 or 6 hair stylists and Waves was the best deal I found.

              Their website is Waves Beauty Salon Playa del Carmen by Canadian Hairstylist Trevor Kohlman | Wavesplaya.com

              #2307 Lindobride14

              Lindobride14
              • Jr. Member
              • 279 posts

                Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:58 PM

                Pitt- Oh, do you have a current price list from the resort for all the diff add-ons like BM bouquets, bouts, extra flowers for the ceremony arch, cocktail hour, etc.?

                I think the info I have is 2009 prices.

                #2308 janapana

                janapana
                • Member
                • 591 posts

                  Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:33 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nicyx
                  Whoo Our wedding date has been confirmed today, Its the date we requested May 6th, BUT we couldnt get the 4pm time we wanted so we are now getting married at 1PM... Im not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing?!?

                  1.) Wanted to sunbathe AM.... (gana have to master getting ready pronto)

                  2.) Ages to wait for reception diner.... (always stay at the bar before hand for longer)

                  3.) Will it be too hot.... (have now got fans... THANKS KERRY)

                  Ooooooooo look @ that, The good outweighs the bad....

                  I think it will be ALL good :-) Argh it feels even more real now :-) Wedding pack should be through in a week or so (not holding breath though) xox

                  WOW.... Lots of Barcelo brides!!! Excellent :-) x
                  I think that´s excellent timing, not too long to fanny about getting ready, get hitched, photos, drinks..... and maybe sneak off for an hour with your new husband before you sit down to your dinner with a big smile on your face!!!

                  #2309 Mischaka

                  Mischaka
                  • Member
                  • 969 posts

                    Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:45 AM

                    Yayyyy Nicy!!! So happy for you!!!

                    #2310 Nicyx

                    Nicyx
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,914 posts

                      Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by janapana
                      and maybe sneak off for an hour with your new husband before you sit down to your dinner with a big smile on your face!!!
                      Yayyyy Nicy!!! So happy for you!!!
                      Thank you xox




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users