Jump to content

Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#2041 beaz2be

beaz2be
  • Jr. Member
  • 256 posts

    Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:07 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nessa682
    Hey ladies just wanted to say that I am really enjoying everyones post.....super helpful. :) I am a April 2011 bride....yeah, so great to say that :) I am from Canada and just started the process of planning. So far I know I am getting married at the Bracelo Maya Palace (just booked).....

    So yeah just wanted to introduce myself and look forward to sharing our experiences over the coming months.

    Vanessa
    Hi new brides, lovely to hear from you! There are so many of us now it's great.

    The hotel sent me a guest list today to fill out. I'm hoping once that goes back they will "confirm" our wedding date! Yippee it's all happening!
    OMG you must be so excited!! I don't know about you but I find it surreal to actually have a wedding date set in stone! Now the fun planning can really begin

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msredd3129
    Hello girls,
    Just introducing myself...I'm Yolonda and just started planning for may/2011 at the moon palace. All of your post are really helpful.
    Welcome Yolonda! I was originally thinking about moon palace - it looks gorgeous. I'm sure you're wedding will be amazing there!!

    #2042 cjb0arder13

    cjb0arder13
    • Jr. Member
    • 310 posts

      Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:51 PM

      Drama drama drama girls!!!


      I just got a call from my TA. I had e-mailed him because another bride (on the Azul Sensatori thread) had said that the weekend of her wedding was already fully booked. Her wedding is in March; mine is in January. So of course I freaked thinking if her weekend was booked, mine was certainly booked! My TA called and said that ALL weekends in 2011 are booked, and that this is because Azul Beach is doing renovations/construction in 2011. Apparently, pretty serious construction. At this point, my TA didn't know if it would be going on during my wedding or after, but there's a very good chance it will be.

      So...long story short...I may have to change resorts! Aaaack!

      #2043 josietoms

      josietoms
      • Member
      • 765 posts

        Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27
        not huge at all....really small actually! lol oops!
        Oh these are cute I'm looking for something just like this.
        Josie x

        #2044 josietoms

        josietoms
        • Member
        • 765 posts

          Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
          Drama drama drama girls!!!


          I just got a call from my TA. I had e-mailed him because another bride (on the Azul Sensatori thread) had said that the weekend of her wedding was already fully booked. Her wedding is in March; mine is in January. So of course I freaked thinking if her weekend was booked, mine was certainly booked! My TA called and said that ALL weekends in 2011 are booked, and that this is because Azul Beach is doing renovations/construction in 2011. Apparently, pretty serious construction. At this point, my TA didn't know if it would be going on during my wedding or after, but there's a very good chance it will be.

          So...long story short...I may have to change resorts! Aaaack!
          OMG! That is horrendeous - really bad on part of the hotel they should be stating this on their website or something. I really hope their rennovations don't affect your plans - you must be stressing! Let us know what your TA says - really hope your date will be ok xx
          Josie x

          #2045 beaz2be

          beaz2be
          • Jr. Member
          • 256 posts

            Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:05 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
            Drama drama drama girls!!!


            I just got a call from my TA. I had e-mailed him because another bride (on the Azul Sensatori thread) had said that the weekend of her wedding was already fully booked. Her wedding is in March; mine is in January. So of course I freaked thinking if her weekend was booked, mine was certainly booked! My TA called and said that ALL weekends in 2011 are booked, and that this is because Azul Beach is doing renovations/construction in 2011. Apparently, pretty serious construction. At this point, my TA didn't know if it would be going on during my wedding or after, but there's a very good chance it will be.

            So...long story short...I may have to change resorts! Aaaack!
            OMG I am so sorry to hear this! I am on the AS threat too. I've heard that the beach is doing renos on the spa/salon part but didn't know it was supposed to be THAT serious that it would affect room availability and weddings etc. I really hope this works out for you girl. Will keep my fingers crossed. How could they not tell people this when they're making wedding reservations?!?

            #2046 cjb0arder13

            cjb0arder13
            • Jr. Member
            • 310 posts

              Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:14 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by beaz2be
              OMG I am so sorry to hear this! I am on the AS threat too. I've heard that the beach is doing renos on the spa/salon part but didn't know it was supposed to be THAT serious that it would affect room availability and weddings etc. I really hope this works out for you girl. Will keep my fingers crossed. How could they not tell people this when they're making wedding reservations?!?
              Thanks so much for the good thoughts! Yeah, I will admit I had a moment of pure panic, but I'm feeling better now after 10 deep breaths :)

              I have no idea why this wasn't brought up when booking. My TA wasn't informed of this until I pointed it out to him...so it's not like they're even telling the people who are already booked!!! I knew there might be some minor construction, but it's sounding like they're doing a major revamp of all the rooms as well.

              So, I may have to move to the Sensatori...which sounds wonderful as well. I'm hoping that if that's the case, we get a HELLUVA deal on our rooms because of the situation. Silver linings!!!

              #2047 barbiegirl_27

              barbiegirl_27
              • Member
              • 946 posts

                Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by josietoms
                Oh these are cute I'm looking for something just like this.
                Thanks, they are from Aldo Shoes! only $35!!!

                #2048 barbiegirl_27

                barbiegirl_27
                • Member
                • 946 posts

                  Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:10 PM

                  CJ Boarder,

                  I hope everything works out in your favour! I can't imagine having that kind of stress added on top of everything! Keep breathing!

                  #2049 cjb0arder13

                  cjb0arder13
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 310 posts

                    Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:16 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27
                    CJ Boarder,

                    I hope everything works out in your favour! I can't imagine having that kind of stress added on top of everything! Keep breathing!
                    Thank you. I'm remarkably calmer about this now that I've had some time to absorb it.

                    Worse comes to worst, I'll just book elsewhere. We only had 4 rooms booked thus far, anyway...and I've been assured we'll get all of our money back if we have to switch resorts :)

                    #2050 Nicyx

                    Nicyx
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,914 posts

                      Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by michelle2011
                      Well girls the hot pinks ones arrived and they are to big. I have very narrow feet and they are far to wide for me, so are going back :o(... The silver BM's ones haven't come yet but i'm hoping they will be OK for the girls..watch this space.....x
                      OH NO...... On the up side Michelle, knowing you, you will have found another pair by the time you read this......
                      :-) xo

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27
                      Oh Michelle, I love all your shoe drama! It's too cute!

                      I just bought my sandals for the wedding this past weekend
                      Here's a pic...I hope it doesn't turn out huge!

                      Drama drama drama girls!!!


                      I just got a call from my TA. I had e-mailed him because another bride (on the Azul Sensatori thread) had said that the weekend of her wedding was already fully booked. Her wedding is in March; mine is in January. So of course I freaked thinking if her weekend was booked, mine was certainly booked! My TA called and said that ALL weekends in 2011 are booked, and that this is because Azul Beach is doing renovations/construction in 2011. Apparently, pretty serious construction. At this point, my TA didn't know if it would be going on during my wedding or after, but there's a very good chance it will be.

                      So...long story short...I may have to change resorts! Aaaack!
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
                      Thanks so much for the good thoughts! Yeah, I will admit I had a moment of pure panic, but I'm feeling better now after 10 deep breaths :)

                      I have no idea why this wasn't brought up when booking. My TA wasn't informed of this until I pointed it out to him...so it's not like they're even telling the people who are already booked!!! I knew there might be some minor construction, but it's sounding like they're doing a major revamp of all the rooms as well.

                      So, I may have to move to the Sensatori...which sounds wonderful as well. I'm hoping that if that's the case, we get a HELLUVA deal on our rooms because of the situation. Silver linings!!!
                      Sorry to hear that, what a disaster.... fingers crossed for you that all will be ok during your stay... thinking of you and sending positive vibes.....
                      But like you say put the pressure on if you do need to re-locate... hopefully as yours is early in the year you will avoid... keep us up to date lovely, glad your feeling a bit more positive though :-) xox




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users