Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nicyx

Any 2011 Brides out there?

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc52379 View Post
I found and bought my dress today!!!! It was supposed to be a BM dress day - we ended up going with the one I posted the other day. I ended up doing truffle (dark brown). I could not decide with the watermelon or clover...my sister ended up trying the brown one on because it was in her size. After seeing it on her, my vision all came together in my mind with flowers & using brighter colors as accents.

So, I casually started looking at dresses while everyone was getting measured. I really had no intentions on even trying one on and then I ended up trying on a few. It's completely true that you know as soon as you put it on. I'm pretty much a plain Jane and didn't want anything too fancy. So, here it is:

Chiffon Split Front A-line - David's Bridal

I'm bummed because I didn't have my camera with me and my cell phone pics didn't turn out the best. I'll try to post it later.
There's nothing plain Jane about that dress, it's beautiful! Love the belt-like beading around the empire waist! Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, July 2011 bride here! I feel like next year is so far away but I have a feeling it will come faster than I think!! I booked at the Iberostar Del Mar in the Riviera Maya and our Save the dates are being shipped as we speak!! I'm so excited to start my planning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post
Ok girls this is 2 of my BM's in their dresses and shoes! looking lovely!

Click the image to open in full size.
Love those dresses!! Soo pretty for a DW!! I am also going with a pink colored dress. It's called "Guava". I got my BM dresses at Davids Bridal. Love the color cheer2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt2011 View Post
Hey, July 2011 bride here! I feel like next year is so far away but I have a feeling it will come faster than I think!! I booked at the Iberostar Del Mar in the Riviera Maya and our Save the dates are being shipped as we speak!! I'm so excited to start my planning

welcome3.gif & Congrats! So great to see another Iberostar bride! Have you been to the Del Mar before or flying blind like us? We are doing our site visit this month, and can't wait!

If you have any questions throughout the planning process, please don't hesitate to ask. Though I'm getting married at the sister property, Lindo, I've been back & forth with the WC's & know quite a bit !

P.S. The 2010 Iberostar Weddings is a great thread to check out too if you haven't already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by klc52379 View Post
I found and bought my dress today!!!! It was supposed to be a BM dress day - we ended up going with the one I posted the other day. I ended up doing truffle (dark brown). I could not decide with the watermelon or clover...my sister ended up trying the brown one on because it was in her size. After seeing it on her, my vision all came together in my mind with flowers & using brighter colors as accents.

So, I casually started looking at dresses while everyone was getting measured. I really had no intentions on even trying one on and then I ended up trying on a few. It's completely true that you know as soon as you put it on. I'm pretty much a plain Jane and didn't want anything too fancy. So, here it is:

Chiffon Split Front A-line - David's Bridal

I'm bummed because I didn't have my camera with me and my cell phone pics didn't turn out the best. I'll try to post it later.
Congrats on finding your dress! :) I know the feeling of surprising yourself. I found my dress by chance as well. But like they say- You just know it's right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi girlies, it's so exciting seeing everyones planning coming together...

 

I was the same with my Dress. You really dont know till you try them on what you will end up with. I originally wanted a plain straight dress and i've ended up with a "big" fussy dress, ha ha.. I love it! Also with my BM's i knew all along it would be pink but didn't plan on the bright fuschia pink. It's funny how when you see something it all comes together....

 

We got our resort photographers confirmation today! yippee!!

 

Going MOB dress shopping on saturday.. wish me luck... my mum's a nightmare! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post
welcome3.gif & Congrats! So great to see another Iberostar bride! Have you been to the Del Mar before or flying blind like us? We are doing our site visit this month, and can't wait!

If you have any questions throughout the planning process, please don't hesitate to ask. Though I'm getting married at the sister property, Lindo, I've been back & forth with the WC's & know quite a bit !

P.S. The 2010 Iberostar Weddings is a great thread to check out too if you haven't already
Thanks! Yes I have checked out the 2010 Iberostar Weddings site and it has been real helpful! There's so much to read on there, I do a little at a time.

I have been to the Del Mar before. My fiancee and I went 3 years ago with a group of friends and loved it!! Thats why we decided to go back. We are having our ceremony on the beach and our reception in the now Italian restaurant. I am working on booking DJ DOREMIXX for the wedding, just waiting to hear back on the confirmation from him. I'm thinking on looking for an outside photographer but havn't gotten that far yet.

How about you? What are you doing for your wedding? I walked through the Lindo the last time I was there and it's real pretty. cheer2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by klc52379 View Post
I found and bought my dress today!!!! It was supposed to be a BM dress day - we ended up going with the one I posted the other day. I ended up doing truffle (dark brown). I could not decide with the watermelon or clover...my sister ended up trying the brown one on because it was in her size. After seeing it on her, my vision all came together in my mind with flowers & using brighter colors as accents.

So, I casually started looking at dresses while everyone was getting measured. I really had no intentions on even trying one on and then I ended up trying on a few. It's completely true that you know as soon as you put it on. I'm pretty much a plain Jane and didn't want anything too fancy. So, here it is:

Chiffon Split Front A-line - David's Bridal



I'm bummed because I didn't have my camera with me and my cell phone pics didn't turn out the best. I'll try to post it later.
Congrats on getting your dress!! I also got my dress from Davids Bridal. I would post a pic but don't know how to do it. Mine is an A-line chiffon number like yours but a little different. I love yours and the crystals that shape the bodice....very elegant and beachy!! I'm sure you will look beautiful in it!! cheer2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×