So I have been looking at invitations and have been unable to really figure out a price so I went to Papyrus so they could inform me about all the different enclosures and materials. I was astounded when they quoted me $1500smile43.gif Is that how much invitations cost? I want pocket invitations in order to include all of the neccessary enclosures like travel and accomodations. I didnt want to make them since I was a bit stressed by making the STD's but now I think if i use the materials from cards and pockets I could make them for a lot less. However I will have to make about 100 or so. What do you ladies think? Those that made their own with pockets and cards was it hard? Did they turn out nice? My friend told me that most people will throw them out but I still want them to look good and I feel like they are important piece of the wedding. What should I do?

Jess

I think you could make them yourself a lot cheaper, and even order them for less. Ive seen them around $3per card, which would be much cheaper than the quote you recieved. Im not doing pocketfolds, but lots of girls on here have so youll get tons of responses on this one!

I think I saw a thread that featured the pocket invites. I thought it would be easier just to order them but if I can save hundreds of dollars I feel like I would be a fool not to. I am just not sure if I really want to do it or if they would come out nice enough.

I did the pocketfolds (Ann posted a link above) and they were relatively easy. They were a little time-consuming for me, but only because I assembled them with brads and did stuff that's probably not necessary! You can just print them out and assemble them with not as much detail as mine and they'd be quite simple and relatively inexpensive for the effect. Everyone I talked to after receiving them said they were the nicest invitation they've ever gotten.

I made about 40 total, and it probably took me the better part of 2 days to do them all...

2 days!!! That's it. I need probably about 100. I am not working until late August and although my wedding isn't until next July I would like to use this time to get some things out of the way. I think I would have more creative control if I did it myself. I think I am going to order a sample from cards and pockets to get a better idea.

You can get a way better price. I'm getting my invites designed and made for $10 each. I'm only doing that bc I'm a total paper snob with zero grapic design ability and invites are super important to me. You can totally get pocket folds made for cheaper - and if you DIY it'll be even better!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics