Photo

dumb question about starfish

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 diana2008

diana2008
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

Ok, this may sound really dumb, but I was telling my fiance last night about how I want to glue starfish onto my seating cards for the reception, and he asked if you can bring those into Mexico?

Is it considered an "agricultural product" even though they're not alive?

Sorry if I sound like a total idiot here.
    Diana & Robert
    July 5, 2008
    Cabo Surf Hotel

#2 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
    • VIP Member
    • 2,861 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:23 PM

Im pretty sure you can bring them in. I know a lot of people have purchased them to bring. Im sure someone on here can tell you better though if they have or not.

#3 JulieG

JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:45 PM

That is not a dumb question, I wondered the same thing. I figured everyone just decided not to mention it, that way there would be no issues. And if they found them for some reason, you just say "oops, do those count"

#4 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:16 PM

Oh ya, a lot of people have brought starfish with them. That sent up a red flag for me too... but apparently it's not a big deal! Weird, I know.

Just to be safe though, maybe contact the airline/airport? They'd know for sure.
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#5 JUANCARLOST

JUANCARLOST
          • Banned
          • 130 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

You will not have any problems bringing them to Mexico, just dont have them on your Carrying Luggage.

I might as well buy some for me just in case one of you girls forgets to bring one for the wedding.

#6 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
            • VIP Member
            • 2,861 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:54 PM

Aww thats such a nice idea Juan!

#7 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
              • 1,876 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:20 PM

I didn't have a problem taking shells and a starfish into Mexico...but, they did take away my freeze dried rose petals....

Note, I didn't mention that I had them. Nor, did I mention the rose petals, but they found the rose petals on inspection.
                My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#8 PaulaV

PaulaV
                • VIP Member
                • 2,813 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:12 PM

Oooh! I did not know that Jessalyn! Nix the freeze dried petals...

#9 SarahMc

SarahMc
                  • 146 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

I brought lots of starfish in with no problem...I put them on my checked luggage and didn't get inspected. I didn't point it out either. The custom form said live animals, and this sounds harsh, but they're dead so I didn't put them on there:o) They're not agricutural, so didn't worry about that. I brought flowers back from Mexico with no problem as well (but didn't take any in).
                    Sarah & James
                    Dreams Los Cabos
                    June 28, 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users