Sign in to follow this  
diana2008

dumb question about starfish

Ok, this may sound really dumb, but I was telling my fiance last night about how I want to glue starfish onto my seating cards for the reception, and he asked if you can bring those into Mexico?

Is it considered an "agricultural product" even though they're not alive?

Sorry if I sound like a total idiot here.undecided.gif

That is not a dumb question, I wondered the same thing. I figured everyone just decided not to mention it, that way there would be no issues. And if they found them for some reason, you just say "oops, do those count"

Oh ya, a lot of people have brought starfish with them. That sent up a red flag for me too... but apparently it's not a big deal! Weird, I know.

Just to be safe though, maybe contact the airline/airport? They'd know for sure.

You will not have any problems bringing them to Mexico, just dont have them on your Carrying Luggage.

I might as well buy some for me just in case one of you girls forgets to bring one for the wedding.

I didn't have a problem taking shells and a starfish into Mexico...but, they did take away my freeze dried rose petals....

Note, I didn't mention that I had them. Nor, did I mention the rose petals, but they found the rose petals on inspection.

I brought lots of starfish in with no problem...I put them on my checked luggage and didn't get inspected. I didn't point it out either. The custom form said live animals, and this sounds harsh, but they're dead so I didn't put them on there:o) They're not agricutural, so didn't worry about that. I brought flowers back from Mexico with no problem as well (but didn't take any in).