Giant Bubble Gum Ring!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 michelle10

• 157 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:22 PM

On the night of my FI's company x-mas party, he got us a room overlooking Rice Park in St. Paul on one side, and the skating rink on the other. It was beautiful! Afterthe Christmas party, we went up to our room. My FI gave me a big hug, and Ifelt something hard in the breast pocket of his jacket. I asked him what itwas. He got down on one knee, handed me a ring box and asked me to marryhim. I opened up the box, and inside was a GIANT red "ruby" ring thatlooked like it had come out of a bubble gum machine! I was thoroughlyconfused. You see, he has asked me the same question several times before,and was always kinda laughing when he said it so I didn't know if I was supposed to be taking this giant red bubble gum machine ring seriously. He assured me that he was serious, and of course I said yes. He popped a bottle of champagne while I did my little happy dance around the room. He had been out ring shopping, and ordered a stone that sounds really nice, but it had to be shipped from another store. It should be in on soon. Hewants me to go look at it to see if that is what I want. We are also goingto go to another store to compare rings. Hopefully by the end of the week or early next, I will have the real thing. For now though, I am wearing the giant ruby. It's too big for my ring finger so I have it on my middle
    finger. My FI and our daughter both think it is hilarious that I am wearing it in
    public! Did I mention how ecstatic our daughter is She helped pick out thering. My FI told her that if she spilled the beans, she wouldn't get to be
    the flower girl in the wedding. There was nothing I could do to get it out
    of her even though I knew she had some little secret she was hiding! Instead of being the flower girl, I asked her to be my MOA. She is over the moon! Now....let the planning begin!

#2 RaychelRae

• 446 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:37 PM

That's great! Congratulations!

#3 Geralyn

• 2,677 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

That's so cute...I would totally wear the giant bubble gum ring too until my real ring came!!

#4 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:18 PM

That's so cute, congrats!
          Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#5 moonpalacebride

• 202 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:29 PM

Aw how sweet! Congrats, that's too funny you're wearing it around. I'd do the same!

#6 *Linds*

• 5,776 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:36 PM

very cute story! Congrats!!! Happy Planning!
              Loving married life! <3

#7 Patti

• 555 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:50 PM

What a cute/sweet story - and, especially that your daughter was in on it. Congratulations!!

#8 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:34 AM

that sounds great.congratulations happy dw planning.you will have to post us a pic of the real thing when you get it

#9 FutureMrsLewis

• 583 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:09 AM

Am I the only one who wants to see the bubble gum ring? lol

#10 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:11 AM

Wonderful story thanks for sharing... Oh and Congrats...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users