Introduction

Majimart

Hello,

My name is May and I am newly engaged. We are thinking about getting married in December 2010 in Mexico or Dominican Republic. I will use this website to get information and recommendations about wedding resorts and locations.

Cheers

Hi May, congratulations and welcome to the forum!

There are almost limitless possibilities when it comes to getting married in Mexico and the DR!

Some questions to help you start thinking about how to narrow down your search: wink.gif

1. What is your budget and how long do you want to stay at your resort after the wedding (are you having a weddingmoon, honeymoon and wedding at the same place?)

2. What is the budget you would like for your guests

3. Do you want all inclusive

4. Do you want adults only?

5. Do you want there to be lot of off resort activities? (in this case Riviera Maya might be better than Cabo)

These questions helped me get started when I was overwhelmed by options when I first started doing research.

Hope it helps!

Good luck to you and if you have any questions I'm here! :)

Welcome to the forum May!

Mexico and the Dominican are both great locations (well I think so anyways!). Actually we originally decided on the DR for our wedding location (and even sent out save the dates to that effect - oops!) but decided to make a last minute switch to Mexico due to some concerns over excessively lengthy travel times to the DR from the West coast. Still kind of sad about it since the DR just looks SO BEAUTIFUL but am very happy with our new choice :)

Let me know if I can be of any help to you and good luck with your planning!