Sign in to follow this  
autjo

Tahoe Ski Advice?

We are planning our annual ski trip and decided on Tahoe. We are undecided on location so I thought I would see if anyone has any advice out there.

Here's the background: We have skiers and snowboarders. Both intermediate to advanced and we like awesome views and beginner terrain parks but no moguls. We get up early, hit the slopes hard, cook dinner and hot tub it. So we really aren't looking for the nightlife. Also looking for a ski in/out condo. Oh yeah, we are going over the busiest time (President's Day) so we are prepared for long lines and high prices.

Anyone have a fave snow location in Tahoe?

Thanks for the input!

~ Autumn

Heavenly is without a doubt the best ski resort in Tahoe. However it is very large and might be hard to stay together as a group. I also like Sierra at Tahoe it will over you everything you are looking for as well, and is also a little cheaper. But if you are staying in South lake Heavenly is more conveinent.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks Stacey! I usually just snowboard with my 2 girlfriends and let the guys and everyone else do their own thing. I'm off to check out Sierra.

That's so exciting G-lyn! We are actually looking at NorthStar right now. We'll have to coordinate once I have the details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralyn View Post
Aut~ We are going to Tahoe the same week!!!! Don't know where we're staying yet but I think prob right near Heavenly

You ladies named the big ones there and all are great. I am just in Reno so if you have any more questions just let me know! There are great rental companies around that you can get a great house with hot tubs, etc too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaM View Post
You ladies named the big ones there and all are great. I am just in Reno so if you have any more questions just let me know! There are great rental companies around that you can get a great house with hot tubs, etc too!
Jess~ Do you have any websites for these rental places?