Photo

Bestman backed out

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 jackobelle

jackobelle
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:49 PM

Oh, I am sorry this happened to you! I know it is a big disappointment when someone important to you won't be able to make it. I guess that is one of the drawbacks of a DW. I had a bridesmaid who couldn't make it and I was bummed too.

I wouldn't worry about the uneven numbers. Since one of my BMs dropped out, and I am having a MAN of honour, we have 5 guys and only 2 girls!

I think one of your GM would be happy to be the stud and have a girl on each arm!

#12 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:36 PM

We has an uneven number (3 GM) and (2 BM) and no one even noticed. I would even worry about it for one more second. It is really not a big deal. Also you have plenty of time before June if you FI does want to ask more friends.

#13 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,369 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

Sorry to hear about the BM backing out but its really his loss!!

We also had an uneven number - 2 girls and 3 guys and it was not weird at all!! We had the MOH and BM walk together and then my bridesmaid walked down with the two groomsmen

#14 bosi

bosi
        • 131 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:37 PM

Wow, i guess quite a few of us needed to vent!. I feel better now cos there are stories worse than mine; the groomsman backing out on the departure day...

Anyway, I like some of the ideas. I have 3 little boys, and 3 little girls coming out first, then I will probably have the groomsman walk out with the 2 bridesmaids.

Thanks a lot guys, you really helped.

#15 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:06 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by YaelM
            number - 2 girls and 3 guys and it was not weird at all!! We had the MOH and BM walk together and then my bridesmaid walked down with the two groomsmen
            OMG, did I already know this cause that is exactly what we did too! LOL!

#16 classadiva

classadiva
            • 685 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:00 AM

So sorry to hear about this. I know that you are disapointed, but it will be okay...your wedding will be lovely and it is this "friend" that will have lost out.

#17 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
              • 2,528 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:24 AM

Honestly, that could be the most pathetic thing I have heard of in a long time!!

Don't worry about having an uneven number, we do too, not a big deal! Like another girl said, one of your guys will just feel like a serious stud hahaha
                Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#18 simba1234

simba1234
                • 179 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

I was my friend's MOH and her groom had two best men so they both walked me down the aisle...one on each arm. People actually got a kick out of it and said I was so special I had two men walking me:) I don't think it's a big deal at all. I'm also having an uneven number of BM & GM so I don't think it's uncommon.

#19 clfaidl2

clfaidl2
                  • 333 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:07 AM

I'm sorry to hear that! We are in a similar situation, our groomsmen dropped out too and did it over email. He said he would be in the wedding since we got engaged, and now said he doesn't have money to pay for it. However, he just booked a cruise after he knew about the wedding in jamaica. Anyway, I'm not sure what we are doing yet, if we can get another groomsmen, or just go with uneven numbers. Good luck! LIke the other ladies said...all eyes will be on you and FI, so just enjoy yourselves...and it's his loss.
                    ~Christina~

#20 tmurphy82

tmurphy82
                    • 156 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:06 PM

Thats stinks! My best friend has backed now and it is definantly about money (she is a millionaire). I am astounded and dont get why she has---she says her boss won't let her have 2 days off of work--total bs. whatever----don't stress---the people that come wanted to be there and you will still have a blast!
                      Tricia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users