seating arrangements

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 purpleshells

• 338 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:14 AM

Curious about your seating arrangements..dont know who to put where.....dont really want MIL near us or my dad he will stress us.......

how did you go about it? were ppl insulted? did ppls switch seats? etc

#2 roo66

• 1,001 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:22 PM

How about doing a bride an groom only table.That way you get some private time and you can watch the aggrevating people move on someone else x

#3 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:05 AM

i agree, the only thing you can do without hurting anyone's feelings is have a sweetheart table.

#4 nsimpson

• 325 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:17 AM

Sweetheart table ALL THE WAY!! It's your day...preserve your sanity!!
          Love is a wonderful thing!
          Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010

#5 Raykel

• 489 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:21 AM

Ooooo...I like this idea because we were wondering the same thing. They will only let us have a head table of 6...if we all face each other....which is our whole wedding party. I was worried about people feeling left out because of backs being to them!

As for the annoying ones....I have a couple of them too.....one in particular who we cannot sit by herself. So we are going to put her with her immediate family and keep that a smaller table. We have odd numbers at this point, so that is what my reasoning will be if anyone asks...which I am sure they won't, but just in case.

#6 Girasole

• 757 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:44 AM

Currently most resorts are offering round tables but I think I am going to ask mine about a single straight table so everyone can sit together. With 10-15 people that would be much more intimate in my opinion.
              Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

#7 bosi

• 131 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:41 PM

I know what you mean. My in laws are separated and have not seen each other in about 3 years and at that time it was not so amicable between them.........
                I hope they behave themselves at the wedding.
                I am going to have them sit separately at the reception- my mom with his dad, and my dad with his mom,. But at the wedding, they have to sit together right?

#8 Patti

• 555 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:20 PM

There are only 13 of us and I asked my resort to give us one large round table. I think that is going to work really well for us.

#9 NaM

• 2,256 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:29 PM

We threw a seating chart out the window. We had 50 people and figured people could sit themselves and be adults. It worked out perfect.
                    And I mean..people are only sitting for an hour, 2 max...why stress yourself with worrying about where everyone is sitting?
                    Just my 2 cents, I know this will not work for everyone but it worked great with our group and it was nice for me to not have the extra work.

#10 purpleshells

• 338 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:30 PM

thx guys..... i would like to throw it out the window..but worried....last minute ppl will be stuck on one end away from their friends/family and so on.....

so I will be doing one to make sure everyone has a place...i just hope ppl respect it..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users