Sign in to follow this  
purpleshells

Beach wedding shoes

Im torn.... we are most likely going to have a beach wedding, as in feet in the sand....should I buy sandals? flats?ballerina shoes? or go bare feethuh.gif and ware shoes for the reception? if so they cant be very high..since the dress would have to be altered to my height in order to be able to go bare foot on the beach.........

what have the past brides done? did u like? do u regret? what do you think is best?

thanks!

I am going to be barefoot for the ceremony and then I bought ballet flats from J.Crew in ivory. I think the flats will be more comfortable only because I find it annoying to walk in sand in flip flops. Good luck!

OMG...Islandprincess, I'm loving those sandals!! Great find!

You can still go barefoot and then find something with a very low or no heel so that your feet don't get too sore and your dress still remains at the same length.

Well, I think everyone envisions their wedding differently, so how do you envision yours? I was supoposed to have mine on the beach but got rained out. I ended up going barefoot anyways. I had flip flops that you can see in my planning thread, but I really only wore them for dinner and dancing. For me it was perfect and I wouldn't change a thing, but again, we're all different. I say go with your gut. Good luck!

I would definately make sure that you go with what makes you most comfortable b/c you'll only be walking on the sand for a few mins, you'll be at the reception the rest of the night. I personally LOVE heels b/c I'm short, so I'm getting my dress tailored to the reception shoes.

Just a thought....I am sure you have walked on the beach in shoes before....can be a real pain in the butt! Maybe think about wearing flip flops or sandles to the site and slipping them off right before? Then you can go barefoot and slip them on again afterwards.

I love heels and can't see myself in flip flops in my wedding dress. I will be going barefoot for the beach ceremony and then back to my heels for the reception. But everyone else says - it's what YOU feel comfortable in.