Beach wedding shoes

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 purpleshells

• 338 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:00 AM

Im torn.... we are most likely going to have a beach wedding, as in feet in the sand....should I buy sandals? flats?ballerina shoes? or go bare feet and ware shoes for the reception? if so they cant be very high..since the dress would have to be altered to my height in order to be able to go bare foot on the beach.........

what have the past brides done? did u like? do u regret? what do you think is best?

#2 Island Princess

Island Princess
    • 284 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:19 AM

Click the image to open in full size.
      I feel in love with these "juicy" frankie sandals. Beachy enough with some bling.
      I got them for a bargain $50. They havent arrived as yet!
      Im sure whatever way you decide it will be perfect :)

#3 lisa_k

• 113 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:31 AM

I am going to be barefoot for the ceremony and then I bought ballet flats from J.Crew in ivory. I think the flats will be more comfortable only because I find it annoying to walk in sand in flip flops. Good luck!

#4 nsimpson

• 325 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:46 AM

OMG...Islandprincess, I'm loving those sandals!! Great find!

You can still go barefoot and then find something with a very low or no heel so that your feet don't get too sore and your dress still remains at the same length.
          Love is a wonderful thing!
          Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010

#5 ~Nicole~

• 4,512 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

Well, I think everyone envisions their wedding differently, so how do you envision yours? I was supoposed to have mine on the beach but got rained out. I ended up going barefoot anyways. I had flip flops that you can see in my planning thread, but I really only wore them for dinner and dancing. For me it was perfect and I wouldn't change a thing, but again, we're all different. I say go with your gut. Good luck!
            *Formerly Nikki07*
            My Planning Thread

#6 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:38 PM

I would definately make sure that you go with what makes you most comfortable b/c you'll only be walking on the sand for a few mins, you'll be at the reception the rest of the night. I personally LOVE heels b/c I'm short, so I'm getting my dress tailored to the reception shoes.

#7 Girasole

• 757 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:32 PM

I am not sure if we are going to have the wedding on the beach or pavillion so I may just go barefoot or sandals but definitely not heels!
                Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

#8 purpleshells

• 338 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:25 AM

I am short and feel "prettier" with heals..however im a cluts....and am really uncomfortable with heals..but i would def. need more length....... im torn between flats or small heals..

#9 Raykel

• 489 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:18 AM

Just a thought....I am sure you have walked on the beach in shoes before....can be a real pain in the butt! Maybe think about wearing flip flops or sandles to the site and slipping them off right before? Then you can go barefoot and slip them on again afterwards.

#10 Chelymo

• 327 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:30 AM

I love heels and can't see myself in flip flops in my wedding dress. I will be going barefoot for the beach ceremony and then back to my heels for the reception. But everyone else says - it's what YOU feel comfortable in.
                      Aracelis & DarrinMay 1st, 2010Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users