Photo

What I would and wouldn't do again...

• Please log in to reply
831 replies to this topic

#371 jennkurt

jennkurt
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:48 PM

Wow, such great info, thanks everyone! I'd love to get some updates from those of you who were recently married!
    Married since June 4th, 2010!

#372 pinayflava

pinayflava
    • 193 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:25 PM

thank you so much for the helpful hints - after reading all of this - i am not going to upgrade my cake as most people won't eat it anyway. Also I am debating about sending out the save the dates with 'formal invitation to follow' - cuz i could save a lot on the formal invitations if i find out some won't go

#373 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
      • 5,521 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

This thread is amazing! I always seemed to scroll right over it! Love it and sooo helpful!

#374 sjmacphe

sjmacphe
        • 291 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:24 PM

Thanks for all the helpful hints ladies - keep em coming, I will try to re-pay the favor when my turn comes

#375 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
          • 661 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:38 PM

Great threads ladies.....Im only on page 6 and have some many ideas of what to do and not to do..keep them coming!

#376 purpleshells

purpleshells
            • 338 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:20 PM

are they corny videos worth it??

#377 tiffandmarv

tiffandmarv
              • 361 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:00 PM

Wow just got through 38 pages....what an awesome thread! How could I do this without you guys!

Sincerely,

Forever greatful
                http://tickers.Ticke....95d6/event.png

Bride & Groom + 56 Booked for Jamaica!!!

#378 KimmyG

KimmyG
                • 520 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:14 AM

I'm not married yet BUT I've already learned:

Don't pick your bridesmaids and announce them on your wedding website until they've booked (or you're 100% sure they'll make it)...

It caused me a lot of hurt/heartache for 2 (out of 3) of my BMs to tell me they don't think they can make it. Anyone else I ask will know they're second choice since I already had posted pics of the wedding party on the website.
                  Glad I didn't buy their dresses for them as I was planning on doing!

..looking back and reflecting, my mistake was that i *told* them they were my bridesmaids, rather than asking if they would do it. hmm.

#379 jo&delo2010

jo&delo2010
                  • 93 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:29 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KimmyG

Don't pick your bridesmaids and announce them on your wedding website until they've booked (or you're 100% sure they'll make it)...

It caused me a lot of hurt/heartache for 2 (out of 3) of my BMs to tell me they don't think they can make it. Anyone else I ask will know they're second choice since I already had posted pics of the wedding party on the website.

..looking back and reflecting, my mistake was that i *told* them they were my bridesmaids, rather than asking if they would do it. hmm.
                    I totally understand..I started with 6 and now Im down to 3...lol One even told me the day the money was due for the dresses...which the store gave prices according to how many dresses we ordered. So we ended up changing the flower girl to a jr. bridesmaid and had to pay for it.
                    Not even rain could ruin my wedding day!

#380 SusieQ

SusieQ
                    • 1,603 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:09 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KimmyG

Oh Hun that must have been a tough pill to swallow?... I think your advise to other brides is great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users