gkashmira

What I would and wouldn't do again...

Hi MD Lady: Not sure if you're still on here but wanted to chime on on this topic.

I had an amazing wedding but now that I look at pics I would have to say the same thing for me. I was holding my bouquet close to my chest, covering the top of my gown.  I think I was soooo nervous that day and had to hold on to something. The only person that said something was my godmother who ran over when we were signing the papers to adjust my corset( was showing in back) and tell me I should hold the bouquet lower.... by that time it was a little late. I walked down the aisle with the bouquet in between my boobs.... oh well there's nothing that can be done now!

I feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one to have done this.

Originally Posted by MDLady View Post

** A couple of more things now that I see the pictures**

I would definitely practice in the mirror in my gown with a bouquet in my hands. Now looking through my pictures, in 90% of them, my flowers are covering the top of my gown where it is beautifully decorated. I wish the photographer told me that I was covering the prettiest part of my gown and to lower my hands. I just never thought of practicing holding the flowers.......

Also, I would've practiced with the veil with my husband. In a Jewish ceremony, the groom puts the veil over your face and typically that requires a 2 layer veil which is what I had. Turns out that when he put the veil over my face, he pulled both layers over my face so I had both layers over my face, not 1 in the front and 1 in the back. Wierd. Nobody said anything either about that, wish they did coz I obviously didn't notice.

We all warned my bff to hold the bouquet lower when she walked doesn't the aisle but she got nervous and forgot lol. I'm going to have to try to keep reminding myself too.

Doh!  It's gotta be the nerves!  It's not the worst thing to happen but it's definitely obvious when looking at pictures!  Oh well.  I'm gonna go look at your pictures now!  Can't wait to read/see how your wedding went!

Originally Posted by Sheree10 View Post

Hi MD Lady: Not sure if you're still on here but wanted to chime on on this topic.

I had an amazing wedding but now that I look at pics I would have to say the same thing for me. I was holding my bouquet close to my chest, covering the top of my gown.  I think I was soooo nervous that day and had to hold on to something. The only person that said something was my godmother who ran over when we were signing the papers to adjust my corset( was showing in back) and tell me I should hold the bouquet lower.... by that time it was a little late. I walked down the aisle with the bouquet in between my boobs.... oh well there's nothing that can be done now!

I feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one to have done this.

This is a GREAT thread. It is good to read the reminders about not getting too drunk at the reception. I'm the type that is fine until all of a sudden I'm sick, so I just need to remind myself that even if I don't Feel drunk, I should still not be walking around with a drink always in my hand!

I just wanted to thank all those who contributed to this thread, you don't know how much this helps with planning...I feel a ton better after having read through all of these...some I have to remember to go back and re-read..great info here ladies.