gkashmira

What I would and wouldn't do again...

Yes, this is extremely helpful. There are definitely some things I will not be doing now that I have seen what headaches they have caused (like everyone getting dressed together -- oh my)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kla.Kari View Post
Yes, this is extremely helpful. There are definitely some things I will not be doing now that I have seen what headaches they have caused (like everyone getting dressed together -- oh my)!
oh my gosh this was a nightmare! I thought it would be special to have us all together but it was the most stress I had of the whole experience. Maybe if they had already arrived ready to go or came to the site earlier to get ready it would have been better. I assumed they were coming dressed. Now that I have seen my photos I wish I had had more time to do more with my eye makeup and used some concealer in lieu of dealing with family right beforehand but oh well. Yes I would NOT recommend this...I would have preferred the quiet peace and solitude of being by myself absorbing the major step I was about to take.

oh i also would skip buying the disposable cameras to have on each table at the reception; most guests bring their own digital camera and email you the pics or upload them to a site and the quality of the pictures on these cameras was poor (or maybe I just got a bad batch or maybe it was because we were indoors and the lighting was dark and people didn't use the flash button)...but this is one thing I would NOT do again

You know I have been thinking about this for the past month since our wedding and I didn't originally include with my 1st post in this thead b/c I wasn't sure but now I am 100% that if I had to do it over again I would have had our ceremony at 1:00 PM (instead of 5:00PM), had an hour for family / bridal party / group pictures - another hour for pictures of just us two and then some private time back at our room to just hang our and have lunch. I would then have my hair/makeup touched up / refreshed and have our reception at 5:30PM. Maybe wore a different dress for the reception or just put my wedding gown back on (probably the latter)

I think all of our guests would have been totally fine with this as well b/c they get a break and can go to the pool, beach, lunch, whatever and then they get to re-fresh before the reception as well instead of coming right from the ceremony.

I guess that what i am saying is try to slow things down a bit if you can - it all goes so fast and (at least for me) everything seemed 'rushed' even if it wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
You know I have been thinking about this for the past month since our wedding and I didn't originally include with my 1st post in this thead b/c I wasn't sure but now I am 100% that if I had to do it over again I would have had our ceremony at 1:00 PM (instead of 5:00PM), had an hour for family / bridal party / group pictures - another hour for pictures of just us two and then some private time back at our room to just hang our and have lunch. I would then have my hair/makeup touched up / refreshed and have our reception at 5:30PM. Maybe wore a different dress for the reception or just put my wedding gown back on (probably the latter)

I think all of our guests would have been totally fine with this as well b/c they get a break and can go to the pool, beach, lunch, whatever and then they get to re-fresh before the reception as well instead of coming right from the ceremony.

I guess that what i am saying is try to slow things down a bit if you can - it all goes so fast and (at least for me) everything seemed 'rushed' even if it wasn't.
Alyssa, thanks so much for that advice. I was actually planning on having our ceremony at 5pm (so I can sleep in, really) but I may take some time to rethink that. Maybe I'll do 3pm so I can still sleep in, but there is a bit of time to refresh before we start the party! smile35.gif