Rehearsal Dinner/Ceremony??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 elaineshea

elaineshea
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:35 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is doing a rehearsal dinner/ceremony for their DW?

I am having a small group with us (<20) going to Jamaica, FI and I are pretty chill about the wedding and was thinking of taking it as it comes... I was thinking as long as the wedding coordinator from the resort shows us where to go, where to stand, when to be the day before, we should be ok...

What is everyone doing? How does this all work?

Thanks!

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:38 PM

i had no rehearsal for my wedding - it wasn't even an option with Las Caletas really! well, i guess there was a site visit option, but we didn't even do that. we had never even seen our wedding ceremony site until the day of, and the WC just pointed me in the right direction. you should totally be fine.

we did have a "welcome dinner" the night before, but this was at the resort and was just for fun really, had nothing to do with rehearsing the ceremony or anything!

#3 gkashmira

gkashmira
      • 1,962 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:23 PM

We didn't do a rehearsal - we just told everyone what to do the night before.

We did however do a welcome dinner and it was lots of fun!
        Kashmira & Dan
        Happily married since June 16, 2007
        http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
        Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
        Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#4 dlou

dlou
        • 100 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:24 AM

we are not going to do a rehersal dinner, but we will probably do a welcome dinner the first night at the resort.

#5 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:47 PM

We have peple coming in on different nights, so we will have a "Welcome Cocktail Reception" each night at the Lobby Bar (except Wed night when they have a Beach BBQ, so we'll meet there instead). That's where I'll hand out OOT bags to the new arrivals and make introductions.

#6 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
            • 812 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:05 PM

We are doing a rehearsal/welcome dinner for our guests. Its going to be an outdoor buffet.

#7 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
              • 298 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:26 PM

We are going to have a rehearsal/wedding dinner. The day after the wedding my fi's aunt is throwing us a party at her home in Jamaica. I am totally excited because we visited her home a few years ago and her home is amazing. I can't wait!!!

Then the next day off to our honeymoon ( we still haven't decided where we are going still thinking.....)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users