Ocean Blue & Sand-Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
863 replies to this topic

#841 MsCD

MsCD
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by KristinaM 

Hi Ladies! I did see quite a few receptions at the ala carts but I'm not sure the number of the people they will accomdoate. The resturaunts are kind of small but the Italian and the Steak House both have outdoor seating set up too. Another option would be for them to set up a section of the buffet resturaunt for your group.

I'm not 100% certain since we did the Sand Extravaganza package and had a private reception but I'm sure Ada and Yinette can confirm for you!

Happy Planning :)

Thanks Kristina!

#842 heather82

heather82
    • 37 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

Hi girls! We are staying at the Ocean Blue May 3-10 2014, and our ceremony & reception is at Jellyfish May 6th.  Does anyone have info about external vendor fees for a hair & makeup vendor? 

Or does anyone have any experiences to share about the resort salon? I wonder if they offer discounted trials or if there was any communication issues...were their prices reasonable?

I have shoulder length hair and want to use clip in extensions - i assume this wouldnt be an issue for them..

#843 KristinaM

KristinaM
      • VIP Member
      • 3,082 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
      • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

Hi Heather!

I used the resort salon for hair and makeup for myself, 4 bridemaids, and mother in law and we were all super happy with the results!

I reccommend emailing Juana, the salon manager ahead of time to make an appointment and request pricing. In my case, there was a package for 6 people for $598USD. They tried to charge me more once there but I showed them my printed email and all was well. You may be able to ask her if they have experience with clip-ins.  juana@etra-spas.com

Communication wasn't a problem at all. They didn't speak perfect English but we able to understand what we wanted. They gave me a bunch of pictures to look through too- mostly magazine clippings of celebs and stuff.

Oh, also! My hair and makeup STAYED PUT. We did photos the next morning along with trash the dress and you can't even tell I slept on my hair. Just touched up my makeup a bit.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

#844 jan2014bride

jan2014bride
      • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

Thank You Kristina!! Your responses sure are helpful to those of us in the planning stage!!

#845 KristinaM

KristinaM
        • VIP Member
        • 3,082 posts
        • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

You're welcome! Happy to help. This forum helped me tons when I was planning :)

#846 riana_n

riana_n
        • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Hello, Our wedding is in November 2013, 28. Anyone else is in November? What are you guys choosing and at what stage of planning r u? I just chose my dress and that ended there.

#847 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
          • 215 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

I am hoping to plan my wedding without bringing a photographer. How is the photographer at the resort?

#848 KristinaM

KristinaM
            • VIP Member
            • 3,082 posts
            • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

Hi! I didn't use the resort photographer but I've seen a few ladies say positive things on the Ocean Blue brides group on FB. They all seemed to have a good experience! Hope everyone's planning is going well! I'm jealous because I want to do it all over again :)

#849 ashstumac

ashstumac
            • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hello All,

I am new to the forum. Myself & fiancĀ© are getting married on April 22nd at 3:00pm at the Ocean Blue!!! We are beyond excited! We are getting married at the Beach Gazebo with reception on the Tortuga Terrace :) If anyone has any pictures they would like to share, it would be much appreciated!

Also, has anyone used the resort spa for their hair and makeup? And the resort photographers?

Thanks

Ash

xo

#850 jan2014bride

jan2014bride
              • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hi Gals!! Ada tells me they are currently working on the 2014 extras list! Wondering if anyone has the 2013 extra list for me to take a peak at! topgun77@shaw.ca. Getting excited!! 5 mths to go! We thought we'd get 30 guests and ended up with 57 guests officially booked!! Still going with complimentary package and paying $20 pp for 47 peeps! I think thats just to cover cake and champagne. Still waiting to hear about dinner options. We just may take over the buffet! Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Sarah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users