Ocean Blue & Sand-Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
863 replies to this topic

#211 SonyaR

SonyaR
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:57 AM

Hi Laurelyn,

I've been out of touch with the BDW site since our wedding at OB and am trying to catch up. So happy to hear that other brides are getting married there. You will not be disappointed. I had to comment to your post because I got married on March 14, 2011 and it was so amazing. Ada is actually quite great to work with.Yinette is her assistant. As well the resort is not that big walking wise, I'd say a 5 minute walk from one end ot the other. I have my review posted but feel free to ask any questions. I'll do my best to check in more often. I still need to post my pictures on this site.

Good luck with everything!

Originally Posted by Laurelyn 

Just made the final decision to go with Ocean Blue & Sand and put my deposit in.  March 14 2012 it is and I've already booked the LaBrasa so excited for this day!

#212 alittlerandr

alittlerandr
    • 189 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:14 PM

Does anyone know the extra cost of having the reception around the pool? My mom is pretty set on having an outdoor reception. I'm hoping for the La Brasa terrace but figure I should look into the pool price too.

#213 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
      • 215 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:48 PM

I actually ended up cancelling it and switching to Cuba.  Alot cheaper for our guests and our wedding is half the price.  But I will say Ada was great i requested a refund of my deposit and they had it back to us in a week with no hassle.  Kinda makes me sad since our new wc is soo slow to get back to us.

Originally Posted by SonyaR 

Hi Laurelyn,

I've been out of touch with the BDW site since our wedding at OB and am trying to catch up. So happy to hear that other brides are getting married there. You will not be disappointed. I had to comment to your post because I got married on March 14, 2011 and it was so amazing. Ada is actually quite great to work with.Yinette is her assistant. As well the resort is not that big walking wise, I'd say a 5 minute walk from one end ot the other. I have my review posted but feel free to ask any questions. I'll do my best to check in more often. I still need to post my pictures on this site.

Good luck with everything!

#214 MsClarke724

MsClarke724
        • 244 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:07 PM

@alittleranddr my reception is around the pool - it is $15 extra per person and you must have a minimum of 50 people

#215 erinmc

erinmc
          • 284 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:38 AM

I'm booked for 10/11/12!!!!

#216 erinmc

erinmc
            • 284 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Skygirl 

any oct 2012 brides?

I'm booked for 10/11/12

#217 alittlerandr

alittlerandr
              • 189 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

@msclarke - thanks! We're at 45 right now and will definitely be over 50, so this is an option I think we'll consider. Thanks!

#218 Skygirl

Skygirl
                • 512 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

does anyone knows how long is the reception itself?it said 4hours, but im confused it is 4hrs all together with the ceremony,or ceremony separate and then 4 hrs dinner/reception...

#219 Skygirl

Skygirl
                  • 512 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

@erinmc; did u book ur airline tix already?where most of ur guests are flying from?

Originally Posted by erinmc 

I'm booked for 10/11/12

#220 erinmc

erinmc
                    • 284 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Skygirl 

@erinmc; did u book ur airline tix already?where most of ur guests are flying from?

No, I did not book the airline tix yet, I don't think the prices are out yet. Most of my guests will be flying out of Philadelphia, PA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users