Night BEFORE Welcome Dinner????

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 eventsugar

eventsugar
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:36 AM

Hi All!
    So- I've tried searching but can't really see anything relevant here! We are having our welcome party on Friday night and wedding on Saturday night - however, many of our guests will be arriving on Thursday night. Can anyone share anything really fun they have taken a smaller group of guests to do the night BEFORE the Welcome Party/Rehearsal Dinner? I would love to hear ideas!!!! Thanks!

Mandy

#2 MaryS

MaryS
    • 313 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:56 AM

We just had a fun dinner with the people that were here early. There was about 12 of us. We went to this place called Baracuda. It was a small little place next to our hotel but we had fun, the staff was really nice and we got seated right away. We didnt want to do anything to crazy. We learned that the first night people arrive they are tried from their flight and just want to hang out more than do anything too planned or formal.
      WE ARE MARRIED!!

#3 Girasole

Girasole
      • 757 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:34 AM

I was wondering this too...we will be there on Tuesday but have guests arriving Wed, Thurs, & Friday. I thought about greeting them with cocktails but after some of their trips I think they may just want to dive into the water ha!
        Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#4 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
        • 516 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:52 AM

We just tried to make a point of greeting each group as they arrived with their welcome bags and invited them to join us for dinner at one of the resort restaurants. We also settled on a time to meet at the beach bar each evening to watch the entertainment and socialize. This made it so no one was required or felt obligated, but they had an option. We had our welcome dinner the first night everyone was there which was the night before the wedding.

#5 weddinggirl72

weddinggirl72
          • 139 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:04 PM

Hi,
            My planners told me about these two places, also Ztai was mentioned on the forum a few times:

Ztai restaurant-bar.

Address: Street: Morelos 7373, Dowtown

ZTAI RESTAURANT, LOUNGE AND GARDEN, PUERTO VALLARTA

Holds three concepts in the same place. In the first floor you will find the restaurant with International cuisine, features pastas, pizzas, sushi, meat and sea food on its menu; besides, a cava with more than 800 wine. Deck, is a place with an independent bar, with traditional beverages and cocktails. In the second floor is the Lounge with DJ music, view to the Malec³n and International cocktail drinks. The deck and part of the restaurant is an outdoor area.

La bodeguita del medio restaurant-bar.

Ocean view. Cuban music.

Address: Paseo Diaz Ordaz 858, Dowtown

La Bodeguita del Medio

This authentic Cuban restaurant and bar is known for its casual energy, terrific live Cuban music, and mojitos. It is a branch of the original Bodeguita in Havana and has a small souvenir shop that sells Cuban cigars, rum, and other items. The downstairs has large wooden windows that open to the malec³n.
            So far 68 RSVP's and 56 people are booked to stay at the resort!

#6 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:18 PM

We went to Ztai last week - it was a blast. Then we went to Mandala (club on the Malecon). Ztai is really cool though

#7 verh0016

verh0016
              • 110 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

We staed at an all inclusive (Dreams VillaMagna) and hired a cigar roller to come to the resort. It was a HUGE hit with the guys.
                The new Mrs. Selden

#8 Sandy

Sandy
                • 75 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:56 PM

Assuming your welcome party isn't already in puerto vallarta..ie. i think i remember you saying it was at the place you are staying...take them into vallarta..go for cocktails...mandala and ztai both great places...lots of other new upscale places on the malecon as well..I'd show them a little bit of downtown Good luck planning :)

#9 eventsugar

eventsugar
                  • 30 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

Thanks all for your great suggestions!! I'm looking into all of these now... last time I was there we did go to dinner at Hacienda San Angel and it was so beautiful with such great views, we were considering that.. but just not sure how many people will want to do something. Knowing our group- people will be ready to hit the town!
                    Thanks again all!!!!!

#10 jmiranda

jmiranda
                    • 697 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:14 PM

One option would be to go out to a club. We went to Senor Frogs, Zoo, Mandala and Glow. They are all great places. But usually people are tired from traveling the first night and just want to relax. Maybe staying at the hotel bar and party with everyone there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users