Photo

Walking Down the Isle Alone?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SANDYandRON

SANDYandRON
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:46 AM

Any destination brides walking down the isle alone?
    My dad can't come. I have 2 brothers coming but I can't decide which one
    to ask to walk me down, so I'm thinking about going it alone.
    I've also considered have my hubby to be's daughter walk with me, but
    is that too corny?
    Any ideas?

#2 SusieQ

SusieQ
    • 1,603 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:55 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by SANDYandRON
      Any destination brides walking down the isle alone?
      My dad can't come. I have 2 brothers coming but I can't decide which one
      to ask to walk me down, so I'm thinking about going it alone.
      I've also considered have my hubby to be's daughter walk with me, but
      is that too corny?
      Any ideas?
      I don't have a father to walk me, my brother is still on the fence about going. I do have a 20 year old son that will be there, however I have been married before and walked down the aisle and given away so to speak. I feel thats re-gifting or something just not right about it.

Our idea is FI will stand at the Gazebo/Alter and when I arrive the music will start and he will walk down the aisle to me, take my arm and walk together. My thoughts are he asked me to go down this road with him and he should be the one to walk with me to begin this journey. maybe corny too but i am very happy with our plan.... Good luck... it's doesn't matter how you get there as long a you do. Oh and say "I do" hehehehe

#3 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
      • 2,233 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:21 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SusieQ
        I don't have a father to walk me, my brother is still on the fence about going. I do have a 20 year old son that will be there, however I have been married before and walked down the aisle and given away so to speak. I feel thats re-gifting or something just not right about it.

Our idea is FI will stand at the Gazebo/Alter and when I arrive the music will start and he will walk down the aisle to me, take my arm and walk together. My thoughts are he asked me to go down this road with him and he should be the one to walk with me to begin this journey. maybe corny too but i am very happy with our plan.... Good luck... it's doesn't matter how you get there as long a you do. Oh and say "I do" hehehehe

Thats a great idea SusieQ, never looked at it that way before. I am having my 2 kids 22 & 24 walk with me down the aisle.

SANDYandRON, why don't you ask both your brothers to walk you down the aisle!
        July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#4 debbmach

debbmach
        • 1,457 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:42 AM

If you really don't want to go alone, why not ask both your brothers to go with you? If your close to both of them, and making a choice could hurt one of their feelings, I don't see why you can't have both of them with you.
          http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#5 vlynnw

vlynnw
          • 6,003 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:02 AM

I think it's completely up to you, you can choose to have whoever you want to walk you down the aisle. I'm hoping my dad will be there but he still says he won't be coming because he refuses to go to Mexico - so I'm hoping before the big day he'll get over himself and just go otherwise I'll be alone.
            Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#6 Patti

Patti
            • 555 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:38 PM

I'm walking along, but am older and agree with SuzieQ.

#7 SANDYandRON

SANDYandRON
              • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:45 PM

Thanks for all your replys. SusieQ, I like your idea. I'm older too and have been married before. I will talk it over with my fiance and see if he too likes that idea.
                I've also considered having both brothers walk with me too. I think I will probably go alone.
                Thanks all

#8 shellk

shellk
                • 1,784 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

you need to do what you want to do and make sure you have no regrets.there is only 2 friends coming with us so im going it alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users