Raggae Band vs. d.j

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JnJ116

• 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

Hey Girls ! I am getting married at the ror on January 9th, 2010. What I am most amazed about is how quickloy it sneaks up on you.
    I am torn deciding what entertainment to have at the reception. The raggae band is a great touch but my wedding song, first dance, etc I would like to sound similiar to the original. What would you recommend? I want my guests to dance and have a blast, HELP !! D.J or Raggae Band?

#2 Marne

• 120 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:44 AM

In my mind, it's a money issue. If you can afford a band, go for it. Otherwise, a dj will be great.

#3 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

I agree...the band would be great but you have to look at how much it will cost. If it's going to put you over budget then just stick with the DJ, otherwise go with the band!

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#4 tiffandmarv

• 361 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:16 PM

I third that motion!!! If I had the money I would go for the raggae band in a heartbeat. It's different, I think it would be a nice touch.

Bride & Groom + 56 Booked for Jamaica!!!

#5 Pandabride6

• 95 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:59 PM

Why don't you get a Steel Pan player (which would be one person playing) and a DJ? It could come out cheaper than getting an entire band and really good single players sound like a full band. That is what we're planning on doing.
            Can't wait to honor our family roots... and establish new ones... Montego Bay, Jamaica, June 5, 2010

The view overlooking Kingston... January 2009. One Love!!

#6 kerrij

• 300 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:01 PM

If you get a steel band, they prob can play your couple of songs off your ipod or CD? then you could have best of both worlds!

#7 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:32 PM

does the band last as long as the dj?i think the band would be cool.if you talk to the band about your first dance song im sure they will do their best.your having a dw things can be a little different.

#8 Julie H

Julie H
                • 53 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:47 PM

I'm doing the reggae band for an hr, ceremony,cocktails and then a DJ for the other 2.

#9 Sheree10

• 1,026 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:25 PM

We're having a steel pan player for ceremony and cocktail hr and DJ for reception. I thin kit all depends on the number of guests. Having a dj is good because you can play a variety of music.

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#10 Geralyn

• 2,677 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:16 AM

We had the steel drum band for the ceremony and a DJ for the reception...it was a nice touch to have them during the ceremony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users