Photo

Maggie's Dreams Tulum Review 11/17/09

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 northernflasher

northernflasher
  • 499 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:34 AM

Congratulations. Many thanks for the uplifting review. So glad you had such a perfect time. Love the all white theme, looks great for photos, cant wait to see more.

We are also planning on doing the free wedding and just adding in. There are only 15 of us but im really struggling with menu choices so I'd really appreciate if you could upload the alternative menu choices document.

Many Thanks.
    Michelle X

PLANNING THREAD:http://bestdestinati....-thread-58694/DREAMS TULUM REVIEW: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-59147/EXCURSIONS AND SIGHTSEEING REVIEW IN RIVIERA MAYA: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati...com/fo...ra-...

#22 lolosmama

lolosmama
    • 232 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:21 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by TaraLeanne
      Great review!!

We are thinking about having our reception at one of the free areas - probably one of the pools. Which area would you suggest?

Thanks a bunch!
      Tara
      How many people are you having? And which wedding package? We did the free wedding package, so I think we would have pretty much had to pay the private event fee for any setup besides the World Cafe (where you are dining with other resort guests).

That being said, I think the setup by the relax pool is really pretty (see StarlitK 's review)! Smaller setups were done by the activities pool, which was also very nice, but they start setting up when guests are still swimming, playing volleyball, etc. I'd say the relax pool is your best bet!

#23 Bpink62581

Bpink62581
      • 210 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:48 PM

Great review! I love hearing positive things about this resort as it only confirms that we made the right choice by deciding to tie the knot there! I do have one question for ya though....I was told that we couldn't reserve the seaside grill for a private function unless we had a min. of 50 people. Was your reception private or were there others in the restaurant? Also did you have to pay $20 a person on top of the $750 for the meal? Thanks again for your post!! I really can't WAIT for my day!!

#24 Bpink62581

Bpink62581
        • 210 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:51 PM

Forgot to mention that we'll have around 35 people with us and are planning on using the free wedding package as well (I don't know if that makes a difference in the amount or not, just figured I would include it!).

#25 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:24 AM

AHAHHHHH!! So exciting, Congrats Mrs!!

Loved your dress and pics!!!

#26 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
            • 2,233 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:41 AM

great review and pictures
              July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#27 lolosmama

lolosmama
              • 232 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Bpink62581
                Great review! I love hearing positive things about this resort as it only confirms that we made the right choice by deciding to tie the knot there! I do have one question for ya though....I was told that we couldn't reserve the seaside grill for a private function unless we had a min. of 50 people. Was your reception private or were there others in the restaurant? Also did you have to pay $20 a person on top of the $750 for the meal? Thanks again for your post!! I really can't WAIT for my day!!
                We did have a private function, and had the entire space reserved for us. We only had 40 people in our group, but I think the resort has to be below a certain capacity for them to rent out the restaurant ( I believe below 70%). So they can't guarantee the space until about a month before your date. Yes, we had to pay the $750 private event fee and $20/person for the meal.

This board helped soooo much in my planning, writing a review was the least I could do! :)

#28 amybermuda

amybermuda
                • 870 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:50 PM

Congrats Maggie! Everything sounds wonderful. Must be nice that all your work paid off and to never hear a complaint - well that just speaks volumes!

#29 Samantha

Samantha
                  • 16 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:20 AM

Thanks for the great review! This will definitely help us with our decisions!!!!!

Congratulations!

#30 MObride09

MObride09
                    • 186 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:53 AM

Congrats on a beautiful wedding!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users