how to choose destination!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 girlietrigirl

• 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

hi... newbie here... trying to choose the destination... this is a great site.

#2 A2Bride

• 676 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

Congrats and welcome!! There is a ton of helpful and useful information throughout the forum to help you choose. Happy planning...

#3 lesandlynda

• 199 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

Congrats and welcome aboard.......great resource to find all the info you need to make the right decision for you.....all the best!

#4 azulskies

• 1,131 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:09 PM

Welcome to the forum! Choosing your destination can be the hardest part but you'll find so much information on this board to help make your decision. Good luck with all your planning!

#5 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:15 PM

HI and welcome to the BDWF! I would do a ton of research on destinations you are interested in and also you can find tons if helpful information right here. Then it should be a little easier to make a decision. Good luck and happy planning!@

#6 jamk32179

• 341 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:20 PM

Welcome and enjoy all this site has to offer. I would make a list of what is most important to you and then start looking for a resort. I changed my mind about 4 times and then ended up going with the resort I originally wanted to get married at! haha. Happy planning!
              September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#7 ML YoungLove

ML YoungLove
              • 531 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:20 PM

Congrats and welcome. Happy planning.
                Mrs. Young

#8 super19

• 1,123 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:52 PM

Hi and welcome! This forum was instrumental in helping me choose my location. I'm sure you will find it helpful as well.

Best wishes,

#9 Crystal&Matt2010

• 121 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:59 PM

Welcome! Like everyone has stated already, there is a TON on information on this forum to help ease the decision making process. In the meantime, I would consider key aspects that you would like out of your destination. Some things that we considered when making a decision:

Location, location, location!
                    What does the flight look like to our destination
                    What kind of atmosphere are we looking for
                    All inclusive or not
                    Family friendly
                    Good reviews (trip advisor, etc)
                    Resort - Experience in weddings
                    Area - things to do for our guests
                    Nice beach
                    Good food
                    How many ****'s
                    Affordable for our guests
                    Wedding packages available/costs

Those were probably my top deciding factors. I know it seems like a lot but most of the information is readily available on the website or can even be found on here pretty quickly. I hope that helps!!!!

#10 CristiandJamie

• 445 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:28 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Also check out destinationweddings.com since they have pictures of different resorts.

We are getting married at the Aventura Spa Palace in the Riviera Maya. There are tons of places to get married at and I have also heard that Jamaica is beautiful too! Also keep in mind of your guest and the cost for them.

Happy Planning!
                      Cristi & Jamie
                      http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users