Sign in to follow this  
clfaidl2

ideas for what to throw or release after the wedding?

Our resort offers a balloon release after the ceremony.....i think it would be a nice idea, but i've always wondered where the balloons end up.......hmmmmm....haha.

I've also seen people release doves.

We're doing sparklers when we leave the reception. I've seen wedding pictures of this and they turn out really cool.

I like the bubble idea too for a beach wedding.

I have heard of others using sparklers as a send off but I guess that wouldn't work as a daytime wedding. Bubbles always look great and you don't end up picking it out of your hair like rice or birdseed. The popping streamer things look like a lot of fun too! Rose petals are just gorgeous and wouldn't need to be picked up.

Trying not to be a downer, but I would caution against balloons if you are at or near the ocean since they end up bleaching in the ocean and turtles sometimes eat them and die.

I'm going to have eco-friendly confetti..

Eco-Friendly Wedding Confetti, Tossing Confetti, Biodegradable Confetti

I loved this idea becaue I'm having an aqua/turquoise wedding and I couldn't find rose petals or rice in that color. This confetti comes in aqua, periwinkle, green, pink and white.

I ordered them in aqua and white and I think they will show up nicely in the pics and the color will pop. It's also enviromentally friendly which is always a plus:)