Ladies, where do I find NICE Ivory and White shirts for my groomsmen???? :)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JTAlberta

• 54 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:44 PM

I'm getting married in May and I am having a hard time finding dress shirts for the guys.
    Do you have any suggestions on where to look. Trust me I have looked around online and checked at local stores, not finding much at all. In a little bit of a panic now.....
    Thanks Ladies
    Lovin Married Life!

#2 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
    • 450 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:31 PM

I am in the same boat as you!! I have seen a lot of great ideas posted here, but it seems they are mostly American. Also, I would like to see them wearing them before buying so I would rather not get something online.
      Are you looking for long or short sleeve? I think we are going to check out Moores as they have some nice stuff. I will keep you posted if we find anything!! :-)

#3 krista_nf

• 39 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:23 PM

I'm having the same problem! I live in a fairly small place so I don't have a whole lot of options... and this time of year there is nothing Spring-like out at all! I know there will probably be lots of choices once the Spring clothes come out shortly after Christmas.... but it makes me pretty anxious to wait that long, lol.

#4 amygirl1169

• 653 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

I'm going to try Moore's as well. I bought my dad a really nice shirt there last spring and plan to look there for the GM's shirts... unfortunately they don't have a good online presence, you need to go into the store.

#5 Melidell

• 1,091 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:59 PM

I agree with Moores, too. You'll have to find one to go to but FI has always had good luck with them and plans on buying his wedding clothes there. We're going to wait until just before the wedding though, so that there'll be plenty of summer stock to choose from. Good luck!
            Loving married life!

#6 antigua08

• 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:09 PM

You can checkout the new Tommy Bahama store in the new Cross Iron Mills mall for those of you you living in AB.They carry lots of beachy items that are great quality.

I ordered my hubby's linen outfit for our DW from Island Importers online. They give you measurements online for sizing and they are bang on...we had to have his pants shortened because they didn't have his size available in a 30'' length but even with the shipping and duty they were cheaper than anything else that we had found and my Hubby loved his drawstring pants.

#7 ML YoungLove

ML YoungLove
              • 531 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:55 PM

I had a really hard time finding stuff for the guys to wear, but ended up getting all of it at Tommy Bahamma. Not sure if you live around one or not, but google the Canadian locations to see if one is near you.
                Mrs. Young

#8 jackobelle

• 359 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:20 AM

Me too!!!

We want the groomsmen to wear a light blue shirt (almost white) and the groom an ivory shirt. The problem id the short sleves!!! There is nothing short sleeved out there right now except for golf shirts & T-shirts! Let me know if you ladies find anything, and I'll do the same!

#9 kpuckrin

• 258 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:53 PM

I found a really nice long sleeve ivory shirt with French cuffs at Tip Tops last week. Unfortunately I don't have a picture but it was the only ivory shirt they currently had in stock. It looks fabulous with a tan suit.

#10 JTAlberta

• 54 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:16 AM

Thanks Ladies,
                      At least we are in the same situation so we can work together! I will check out these places this weekend! I'll let you know if I find anything!
                      Lovin Married Life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users