Sparklers in PUNTA CANA (Paradisus)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 semiya83

• 31 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:51 PM

Anyone use or know of the rules on using Sparklers at wedding receptions in Punta Cana?
    I am interested in using this at Paradisus but not sure if its allowed? If so, Can you get on a plane with this stuff?

#2 ashleed

• 161 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

I really doubt that you would be able to board a plane with them because they might/or would be considered explosive. JMO

#3 tmurphy82

• 156 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:29 AM

oooh! i am thinking of this, too! I contacted my wedding coordinator, so I will let you know what I hear....

#4 lesandlynda

• 199 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:06 PM

I concur with Ashleed......since lighters and matches are disallowed on flights, sparklers are sure to also be on the "banned list"........

#5 NyBeachBride

• 295 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:49 PM

what if u check them?? can u just chance it, the worst they can do it throw them out right/

#6 FutureMrsTO

• 109 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:20 AM

i was thinking the same thing...let me know if you find out. I think its worth the chance. maybe repackage them? not suggesting you attempt to defy the airport security but i think if you check them you will be okay. i mean how much are you planning to take?

#7 Outdoor_girl1010

• 657 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:34 PM

I just look up what it is for our airlines (Delta) It says no fireworks of any kind Dangerous Goods restrictions at delta.com
                Cory & Jennifer
                March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#8 NyBeachBride

• 295 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:28 AM

someon here said they took them on check luggage and then after it was checked there was a sign saying 250 USD fine...but they never saw it so it went through, i may chance it

#9 Jenn&Kraig

• 190 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:49 AM

I dunno ladies! I thought of it too, but would rather not end up with a fine, or jail setance in the DR for being deemed a potential terrorist! lol...I'm thinking of switching to glow braclets for our wedding evening/reception!

#10 mrscheeze

• 160 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:15 AM

that would be fun i wonder if you could find them there!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users