Taxi Driver in Ocho Rios

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sportsdog2

• 87 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:08 AM

Hello All -

I will be at the RIU in Ocho Rios from 12/1 - 12/7 and would like to know if any of you can recommend a private taxi driver. I read about a man by the name of Kingsley on the Trip Advisor site. I always like to know local taxi drivers for quick trips into town, etc. (not for tours). Thanks for your help.

#2 michelle6114

• 209 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:41 PM

I was just there, I wish we had done the same thing (look for private cabs). I don't know of any, but I do know they have resort-affiliated buses/vans just waiting for folks like us, who charge $30.00 round trip when you are only literally going down the road a couple miles. Avoid them at all costs.

#3 msmoodyr

• 329 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:30 PM

Lees Tours & Taxis

Welcome to Lees Taxi and Tours Jamaica by Lees Elite Travel & Tours Ltd., Taxi and Tours in Jamaica, Jamaica Taxi and Tours - www.leestaxiandtoursjamaica.com - info@leestaxiandtoursjamaica.com

#4 KristieF

• 64 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:52 PM

I will second the recommendation for Lees Taxis and Tours, we used them for our Cool Runnings Cruise group excursion and for a day trip my husband and I took the day after the wedding to swim with the dolphins. Our driver took us wherever we wanted to go, made stops in the town when we asked, walked around the market with us (which was very welcome because some of the vendors were extremely pushy), waited for us at each location we stopped at, as well as waiting for us to have some breakfast at the resort because we were so exhausted we could barely drag ourselves out of bed! I would highly recommend them, no complaints at all and Norma was such a pleasure to deal with.

#5 One Love Brownie

One Love Brownie
          • 22 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:28 PM

On our stay in ROR last June we too found the taxis at the desk over priced which is fine if your not on a budget (if your daring enough the local bus to Ochi centre was a $2 return!).
            We used Marshall who was recommended through staff for the duration of our trip.
            He was very reasonably priced & in no rush on our excursions (he even gave my partner water shoes at Dunns River to save him buying a pair).
            Marshall cell 460 5870.

#6 Loveisintheair

• 344 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:03 PM

Great info! Thanks for sharing.

#7 miznunu2010

• 248 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:59 AM

Thanks for the info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users