Photo

Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

• Please log in to reply
2104 replies to this topic

#1241 Krs398

Krs398
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:50 PM

Ali- Congratulations! I can't believe it rained so much and you were okay with it!! I'm happy to hear that you guys all made the best of it and had an amazing time!! 

How did the sky lanterns work out for you? Did you give one to each couple or was it only for you guys? Were they hard to use? 

Can't wait to see pictures!

#1242 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:16 AM

I want to remind you all to post your reviews of Caletas when you get back - it will make it so much easier for future brides to plan their weddings!

http://www.bestdesti...enture-weddings

#1243 AliMcBaal

AliMcBaal
      • 83 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

I've been trying to post some pictures but it doesn't seem like they are coming through.  Can you see them?

No issues with the rain, we had to mentally prepare for it in the case that we had some and we did...all fine.  It was hot rain so in a way it was a nice and added another fun and unique element to our day!  I haven't read many other LC brides have rain so I wonder if I just got a rare day or what....I'm pretty sure it rained at LC the 2 days after my wedding and I know where were wedding then.

Sky Lanterns were AMAZING!  I brought 24 for 55 of us and they definitely require minimum 2 people per lantern.  We ruined our first one bc the fire hit it (we probably weren't following instructions).  Kelley gave us another one and we got that one going fine.  I think everyone got the hang of them pretty easily.  Bring lighters if you are going to use them!  We also used the surrounding tiki torches as it was a constant flame and easier to get the fire going on the lantern.  I DEFINITELY recommend doing them if you can.  A very fun activity to do.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by AliMcBaal 

Here are some pics I took along with friends/family.  I won't bored you with more :)

Arriving at LC!

Las Caletas Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - October 20, 2011
        San Francisco Engagement Pics & Day After Shoot by Colson Griffith Photography

#1244 Future Bride

Future Bride
        • 34 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has recently had any animals in their wedding (parrots or monkeys)?  I have seen a few pictures with couples posing with both.  Do you have to pay extra to have your photos taken with them?  I was hoping to have an animal available for the hour after the ceremony for guests to take their own photos with and I thought it would be interesting for the kids.  Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Kim 

#1245 adevnturelovers

adevnturelovers
          • 120 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

HI LADIES

so I dont know if it's my time with Kelley/new coordinator yet to sart discussing my january wedding so instead I'll ask you ladies....

I am having Mishka designs make my maracas and the nice thing is they will deliver to las caletas 2 days prior to wedding coordinator.

So I also want to have a flip flop basket and am wondering is this can also be ready for me at las caletas? I really dont want to be lugging 40 pairs of flip flops in my luggage has anyone done this before where it is ready at las caletas?

next I'd love to have a small decorated tree with tags for wishes or place cards (I know I am overdoing it a bit) But i love the idea of it.

Basically I want the convienece of having all my ideas ready at las caletas , does kelley perform all these tasks if not who does ? and I do not want to spend too much extra money , I dont want another coordinator just the services to be delivered...and will new coordinator accept them i wonder ???

#1246 lesley_mexico_bride

lesley_mexico_bride
            • 230 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

I got married in May and had Kelley, so  I cannot speak for the new people but I am sure it will be all the same.......Pretty much anything can be done if you are willing to spend the money on it, it is something reasonably available to them down there, and you give them enough of a heads up. It might not be exactly what you wanted but pretty close. When my husband and I went down there, we checked two boxes of our wedding stuff (like all of the welcome bags and their contents, maraca favors, etc) and only had to lug it to the hotel. We gave Kelley all of our extra stuff that I brought two days before the wedding when we met with her. If I were you, I think it would be better to find a bulk amount of flip flops in the US and check a box as part of your luggage. Make sure you keep the receipts and make it obvious it is for a wedding (make sure you are carrying your wedding dress or have your hubby to be with you going through airport security in Mexico).....because they will check your boxes and ask questions. They did not make a big deal of it though and they just want to make sure you are not trying to re-sell the stuff in their country and they don't get the tax money from it. It will also probably look good if you have tags on some stuff saying "Lesley & Andrew 5/29/11" (insert your name and date)  to show it is wedding favors.

Hope this helps!! 

#1247 lesley_mexico_bride

lesley_mexico_bride
              • 230 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

You can have a parrot fly your "ring" (they use a fake one for obvious reasons) in, kind of like the ring bearer. I think it was around 200 bucks. I decided to spend that money on the firedancers instead.

Originally Posted by Future Bride 

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has recently had any animals in their wedding (parrots or monkeys)?  I have seen a few pictures with couples posing with both.  Do you have to pay extra to have your photos taken with them?  I was hoping to have an animal available for the hour after the ceremony for guests to take their own photos with and I thought it would be interesting for the kids.  Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Kim 

#1248 AliMcBaal

AliMcBaal
                • 83 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

Hi Ladies!

I'm hoping my LC wedding pics will post this time.  I've been having some issues with them posting to the messageboard.  Enjoy!

Welcome to LC:

IMG_1123_small.jpg

Newly redone bridal suite - very comfortable bed, outlets everywhere, nice bathroom

IMG_1127_small.jpg

Our simple table setup

IMG_1165_small.jpg

Program table (they were supposed to go on each ceremony chair but the rain prevented that from happening)

20111030090930-8d9e3870_small.jpg

My bridesmaids and I

IMG_1176_small.jpg

Ceremony with custom chuppah papel by Mishka Designs that sadly didn't survive the rain

IMG_1182_small.jpg

Sky Lanterns! (HIGHLY RECOMMEND doing these....they were the highlight of the night for everyone)

IMG_1187_small.jpg

Cake cutting! 

20111030091924-c1253f93_small.jpg

Fire Dancers - WOAH that was scary and awesome at the same time

20111030092957-b15ec51f_small.jpg

#1249 AliMcBaal

AliMcBaal
                  • 83 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

We haven't received our day of photos from Elizabeth Lloyd Photography yet but here are a few shots that Colson Griffith Photography took during our Day After / Trash the Dress shoot in downtown Puerto Vallarta. 

(Our favorite)

img_5003-edit full res final_smallest.jpg

img_5092-edit full res final_smallest.jpg

img_5023 full res final_smallest.jpg

img_5110-edit full res final_smallest.jpg

#1250 laurinmarie

laurinmarie
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 14 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:34 AM

Well now my time has finally come! I fly out tomorrow and am getting married at Las Caletas on Sunday November 13th! I hope its everything and more all the other girls have said it was, but with the company changing everything and revamping Las Caletas I feel their may be a few surprises yet to come. I will give my review with photos when I am home!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users