• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:23 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulaV
    Just got off the phone with my MOH. I sent her the pictures too and she said it had to be the lighting because it did not look like that in the store... Anyway...

I am still going to try and cancel the veil.

Where are you getting your veil from Jilly?
    Yes they were tiny fishing weights, but I guess you can do the same with some little beads.
    I am ordering mine off of ebay. my dress has some lace on it, so I decided to get one with lace edging.

Here's a picture, word of warning the mannequin is scary!!!

I'm also going to wear it low on the back of my head tucked under my hair, I don't want it over my shoulders like that.

Click the image to open in full size.

#32 cessyboston

cessyboston
    • VIP Member
    • 2,096 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:45 PM

paula your dress is so... beautiful....you look amazing in it....
      Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#33 PaulaV

PaulaV
      • VIP Member
      • 2,813 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:02 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jilly76
        I am ordering mine off of ebay. my dress has some lace on it, so I decided to get one with lace edging.

Here's a picture, word of warning the mannequin is scary!!!

I'm also going to wear it low on the back of my head tucked under my hair, I don't want it over my shoulders like that.
        Yikes! Yes she is a little scary!

I really like the mantilla look - Can't wait to see it all come together!

#34 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:05 PM

Thanks for sharing the veil site ann. I haven't decided if I'm wearing one, but I will definitly use that site if I do.

Here is the site for those who missed it OccanseyDesigns.com - Custom Wedding Veils

#35 Heidi

Heidi
          • 2,642 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:07 PM

BEAUTIFUL! You look great in that dress - it's perfect!!!
            Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#36 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
            • VIP Member
            • 2,347 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:41 PM

Oh my God, Paula! This sounds so strange, but you look so beautiful in the pictures that it just brought tears to my eyes!! That dress is just so amazing I keep scrolling back up and looking at it!!!

I love what you have for your veil idea---- I think the length is perfect with that dress, and the single layer is perfect too because you want the detail of the back of your dress to stand out and not be "hidden" by the veil! I do agree tho about the color being a little off. I think the contrast of getting the veil in a slightly different shade of the dress is the right idea, but maybe something more of a cream color in the same veil?

I'm so happy for you (Twinkie!) for finding your dress so quickly!! It's just absolutely amazing on you!!!

#37 -Kate-

-Kate-
              • VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:53 PM

That dress is amazing! Actually, it's you that look amazing in it. Perfect choice. I would go with a different color veil.

#38 dragonfly

dragonfly
                • 1,820 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:50 AM

Wow you look so beautiful, perfect choice!

Kelly~

#39 PaulaV

PaulaV
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,813 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:58 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
                    Oh my God, Paula! This sounds so strange, but you look so beautiful in the pictures that it just brought tears to my eyes!! That dress is just so amazing I keep scrolling back up and looking at it!!!

I love what you have for your veil idea---- I think the length is perfect with that dress, and the single layer is perfect too because you want the detail of the back of your dress to stand out and not be "hidden" by the veil! I do agree tho about the color being a little off. I think the contrast of getting the veil in a slightly different shade of the dress is the right idea, but maybe something more of a cream color in the same veil?

I'm so happy for you (Twinkie!) for finding your dress so quickly!! It's just absolutely amazing on you!!!
                    Awwwww!
                    I have actually been second guessing my choice now, but it has to be because of the veil in these pictures. This dress has been 'it' since the first time I tried it on, all others were compared to it. It seems a lot more plunging now that I see it in pictures too...

Good luck at work today Maria!

#40 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,861 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:13 AM

oooh I love it!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users